Linking purchased magicbands

ninjaprincesst

Original Poster
Last year we purchased magic bands at the Very Merry Christmas Party, the cast member we purchased them from linked them for us. They worked fine for admission and fastpass they did not work for purchases or to unlock the room door. Do purchased bands not work for anything but admission or fastpass? Were they linked incorrectly? Any information would be appreciated.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

Go to the front desk and they will hook you up. I've been three times since obtaining my SWW magic band and they had to double check that it was linked on two of them. Last time it worked without having to go to the front desk. I have about 12 bands linked to my name.

Rob562

Most likely your park tickets were not linked to the same MDE profile as your hotel reservation.

Tickets and hotel aren't directly linked to specific Magic Bands. Instead, everything (Band, ticket, hotel reservation, FP+, etc) is linked to your profile in the MDE system. They all interact with each other through your central MDE profile. When you link a purchased Band in the park, the CM uses something already linked to "you" (a ticket, another Band) to then link the new Band to "you".

The problem is that if everything isn't all connected to the same profile, they can't talk to each other.
So if you bought the tickets under your home email address and booked the hotel under your work email, they don't see each of them as the same person. Or perhaps the hotel was booked by someone else and the "you" on the hotel reservation is a sub-profile on *that* person's account.

-Rob

Last edited:

JohnD

Happened to me as well. My purchased MBs were tied to my AP so worked fine for admission and FP as well. Purchases had to be done with my regular MB until the next time I made it back to the resort and had the front desk link the purchased band to my room stay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom