linking magic bands

Kosmo1986

Original Poster
If I buy an extra magic band in the park do I have to link it right away to an account?

I ask because I will be on a vacation to wdw next week. I am going to be surprising my mom with FL resident 3day tickets in february and wanted to pick up a band when I am there.

CAPTAIN HOOK

No, just because you've bought it, it doesn't mean that it needs linking to anything. To all intents and purposes (as far as Disney is concerned) it may as well be still on the shelf in the shop

Last edited:

ratherbeinwdw

I bought one for a friend in October, and she didn't link it until mid-November. The cm did ask me if I was going to link it right then. I told him it was for someone who would be coming at a later date. He said that he had to ring it up differently. I made sure and keep the receipt to give to my friend if she had any trouble. By the way, she didn't. She had no trouble linking it to her MDE account.

Rob562

No, just because you've bought it, it doesn't mean that it needs linking to anything. To all intents and purposes (as far as Disney is concerned) it may as well be still on the shelf in the shop

As another poster said, the CM at the register still has to activate it when purchased, they just don't link it to anything. (They essentially put it in a "to be linked later" status) This keeps someone from shoplifting a Band and then just opening the package and linking it in-park.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom