Linking child tickets to an adult (10+) MagicBand + Do you get new MagicBands every year?

kbmb

Original Poster
FYI - We typically go to Disney in August each year.

So within my Disney account, I have my son listed, and he's turning 10 this year, so by the time our August trip rolls around he'll be 10. However, we have already purchased tickets (not from Disney) to save on the price increase and the ticket for my son is a Child ticket. Are there going to be any issues adding that Child ticket to his Magic Band when we book and go to link the tickets? If so, what do we do? Can we change his age in our profile?

Also, are people ordering new Magic Bands every year with their resort reservation? I see online our Magic Bands from last year are still active.....not sure exactly where they are. When we go to book again this year, will they automatically send new ones?

Thanks for all the help!!

-Kevin

Tom

Beta Return
I can't answer the first part, but I'm curious to hear the answer regarding age change and MM+.

As for the second part, yes, you will receive new Magic Bands every time you book a Disney resort hotel stay. The old ones will remain active in your MDE account forever, or until you go in and deactivate them. If you have completely lost them, I suggest deactivating them so that if they were to end up in the wrong hands, they can't be used.

But most people leave them active and take them on their next trip, since your Magic Bands will work forever. The only thing to consider is that the batteries in old bands will eventually die, which will cause interactive features and automatic Photopass linking to fail.

Rob562

I can't say whether there will be problem with the mismatch between the child ticket and the "adult" Band, but I *can* say that official ticket policy is that someone age 10 or older must use an adult ticket to enter the park.

The only exception to that is for *partially* used tickets where the Guest was under age 10 when they first used the ticket (either years ago because the ticket is non-expiration, or days ago because they've had their 10th birthday since they started using their ticket). In those instances, Guest Services will replace the ticket with an adult ticket for the same Guest at no charge.

But if you simply *bought* the ticket when they were 9 but haven't used it and now they're 10, that's technically against the ticket rules. Disney would want you to pay the difference to make it an Adult ticket.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom