Linking a second magic band to account?

EmmieSue

Original Poster
So I am debating between purchasing an unlinked Olaf Magic band on ebay or getting temporary tattoo paper and some ink from walmart to decorate the magic band I get with our package. The thing is, it is basically the exact same cost either way.

So, how easy is it to link a new magic band to my name/park tickets and does it link to my hotel reservation too or would I need to carry my one I got in the mail around to use as my room key? Just trying to weigh the pros and cons of doing it both ways.

Also, does anyone know if the Frozen magic bands are still available in the parks or are they gone/sold out? I saw that they made one with Anna and Elsa for the Flower and Garden Festival as well, but I am really only interested in the Olaf one.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
So I am debating between purchasing an unlinked Olaf Magic band on ebay or getting temporary tattoo paper and some ink from walmart to decorate the magic band I get with our package. The thing is, it is basically the exact same cost either way.

So, how easy is it to link a new magic band to my name/park tickets and does it link to my hotel reservation too or would I need to carry my one I got in the mail around to use as my room key? Just trying to weigh the pros and cons of doing it both ways.

Also, does anyone know if the Frozen magic bands are still available in the parks or are they gone/sold out? I saw that they made one with Anna and Elsa for the Flower and Garden Festival as well, but I am really only interested in the Olaf one.
They had 2 different Olaf bands. One around Christmas time with a winter motif and one that had come out in the summer with a spring/summer theme. I am not sure if they sold out but they had both when I went in November still available. :)

EmmieSue

Original Poster
They had 2 different Olaf bands. One around Christmas time with a winter motif and one that had come out in the summer with a spring/summer theme. I am not sure if they sold out but they had both when I went in November still available. :)

Ah yes. I was looking more so at the blue one that came out in the summer, but the Christmas one was cute as well. Thanks!

Rob562

Any Band that is linked to your MDE profile will work interchangeably with each other. (This presumes that your hotel, park ticket and bands were all linked to a single login on the MDE website)

Linking it is as easy as going in and typing in the 12-digit serial number on the inside of the Band the way that you would a ticket.

I can't speak as to whether it's worth it to buy a Band through eBay or the chance that you make that the Band *isn't* unlinked and ends up being worthless to you, since once it's linked to a profile it can't be changed...

-Rob

Last edited:

EmmieSue

Original Poster
Any Band that is linked to your MDE profile will work interchangeably with each other. (This presumes that your hotel, park ticket and bands were all linked to a single login on the MDE website)

Linking it is as easy as going in and typing in the 12-digit serial number on the inside of the Band that way that you would a ticket.

I can't speak as to whether it's worth it to buy a Band through eBay or the chance that you make that the Band *isn't* unlinked and ends up being worthless to you, since once it's linked to a profile it can't be changed...

-Rob

Well since it is guaranteed to be unlinked, if it turns out not to be, then I can get a full refund because of ebays buyer protection thing. As long as it is listed to be unlinked, then they have to honor returns if it isn't.

And thank you for the info!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom