Link MVMCP tix to MagicBand?

jheltz27

Original Poster
I've heard conflicting reports about whether we should link our MVMCP tickets to our MagicBands for our 11/30-12/7 trip. For the day of our MVMCP party my wife & I only have the party tickets as I purposefully bought 1 less day on our Park Hopper tix (bought our boys tickets months ago before we decided when we were going). We only plan on going to the MK that day at 4 when they start to allow party guests in but I don't want the system to use one of our days then. Should I deactivate all of our MVMCP tix from our bands and just use those separately?

jheltz27

Original Poster
Any thoughts? I was able to pick fastpasses for the day we have MVMCP even though we don't have park passes for that day. Wonder if I unlink if those will go away. Then again, I don't want to end up with 1 day short at the end of the trip.

stevehousse

Any thoughts? I was able to pick fastpasses for the day we have MVMCP even though we don't have park passes for that day. Wonder if I unlink if those will go away. Then again, I don't want to end up with 1 day short at the end of the trip.

We had all of our magic bands and FP+ picked for our Nov stay last week. Today I received our MVMCP tickets and linked them to MDE. I like you, did not buy a park ticket for the day and only the party ticket. I then went to do the FP for that day and it let me, an it still let me keep all my other FP+ picks for the week. The only odd thing was that it have me times for before the party, like morning times??? Odd seeing how the MDE recognized my ticket as specifically being MVMCP only, then giving me such early times! I had to go back and change everything so it would be 4-5, 5-6, and 6-7.

CaptainShortty

Do not link your event tickets to your MagicBands!! That is currently the direction being given to guest relations and all concierge locations on property. It is causing multiple guests to get errors at the turnstiles and Fastpass because if the ticket ordering software (which tells the turnstile that you have a valid ticket).

Additionally, if you did link it, the FP+ system is not smart enough go realize that the ticket you have is only for certain hours the park is open. It just sees that you have a valid entitlement. Hence why you can book AM FPs.

stevehousse

Do not link your event tickets to your MagicBands!! That is currently the direction being given to guest relations and all concierge locations on property. It is causing multiple guests to get errors at the turnstiles and Fastpass because if the ticket ordering software (which tells the turnstile that you have a valid ticket).

Additionally, if you did link it, the FP+ system is not smart enough go realize that the ticket you have is only for certain hours the park is open. It just sees that you have a valid entitlement. Hence why you can book AM FPs.

I hope I didn't screw anything up! This would be terrible! Is there anything else you could elaborate on?

DicksonGR

A few weeks ago we had linked MNSSHP tickets to our Magic Bands. When we got to the turnstiles they insisted on using the paper tickets that we brought just in case. I can't recall whether we had to scan our bands to get into the park for the admission purposes but if we did then it worked fine ... as with all other aspects of the Magic Band.

stevehousse

A few weeks ago we had linked MNSSHP tickets to our Magic Bands. When we got to the turnstiles they insisted on using the paper tickets that we brought just in case. I can't recall whether we had to scan our bands to get into the park for the admission purposes but if we did then it worked fine ... as with all other aspects of the Magic Band.

When u linked te tickets did u then go and make FP selections for the party or no? If u did, where u still able to use them?

gboiler1

Good info...I linked mine this morning and chose FP+. Two of the three FP+ choices were after 4pm so I figured I'd just use those and see if I could adjust times on the third later.

Perhaps I should just leave it all alone, then advise Will Call/Concierge when we check in and go from there.

jheltz27

Original Poster
I think I'm going to roll with it and take my chances. Unless I hear definitely closer to the trip in 58 days.

stevehousse

The only question I have is if they don't scan my band for the party and use the KTTW card instead, will I still be able to access my FP+ selections??? So confusing! Lol

gboiler1

So, if I have linked my MNSSHP tix to my band with FP+, I'm thinking I should print out my approved FP+ off MDE to verify just in case.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom