Lightsaber Transportation

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
I am curious about how everyone’s experiences have been so far taking Savi’s lightsabers home.

Did you pack it somehow in checked luggage or do as carry on? Any issues with the airlines? Has anyone been able to stow it in a coat closet?

Anyone ship it home? For how much and did it arrive in good condition?

Thanks in advance. I would like mine to arrive home in one piece. So I can practice my sweet moves.

goofyyukyuk

I took mine as a carry on and put it in the overhead storage. The only reason I felt comfortable doing this is because I was traveling with my family and our luggage took up the entire compartment, so I was able to close the compartment as soon as our luggage and lightsaber was in. I was nervous about taking it through security, but they knew immediately what it was and took it to a special security scanner, so that was all good as well. Let me know if you have any more specific questions!

Upvote 0

MickeyCB

We were there for the previews in August and brought 2 home. My son kept his in one piece, my husband was worried about the hilt snapping off, so he removed it. We packed that in the suitcase he checked and he kept the "blade" in the carry case they give you. And the attendant actually placed it in the overhead bin after the other carry-ons were in place, saying he "didn't want it to get broken"!
Very nice of him!
It was odd as we went through security, no one stopped them to check what was in the very long black cases.:oops:
And before we flew home I found this on the TSA website.
IMG_4340 (2).JPG
🤣

Upvote 0
While I did not have one, a person boarding our United flight a couple of weeks ago had one. The flight attendants just told him to pick a spot in the overhead bin and place in front of suitcases. I’m sure this is all at crew discretion though.

Upvote 0

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
No problem getting it through security. It was my 3rd "carry-on" (along with a backpack and a small rolling back that housed my droid and thermal detonators and other merch). Not a single issue. I kept it in the included carrying case and put it in the overhead on top of the other suitcases once the bin was full. No issues at any step of the process.

Enjoy it - it is great show and pure Disney magic.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

In a sort of related question, has anyone transported one of the Droid Depot droids home? Is there any way they will fit under the seat. I hate the overhead bins, and at my luck the second I put it up there someone willl shove their over sized suitcase in there and break it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
In a sort of related question, has anyone transported one of the Droid Depot droids home? Is there any way they will fit under the seat. I hate the overhead bins, and at my luck the second I put it up there someone wheel shove their over sized suitcase in there and break it.
I packed an extra bag for my trip, because I knew I was going to go nuts on merch. I had the Droid (R2 unit) in the canvas bag you can purchase inside of a carry-on suitcase, which I put in the overhead.

But I think whether you get the box they come with or the bag, they should fit under the seat without a problem. My guess would be that TSA will consider it one of your carry-ons, as it is bulkier than the sabers are.

Upvote 0

ninjaprincesst

I packed an extra bag for my trip, because I knew I was going to go nuts on merch. I had the Droid (R2 unit) in the canvas bag you can purchase inside of a carry-on suitcase, which I put in the overhead.

But I think whether you get the box they come with or the bag, they should fit under the seat without a problem. My guess would be that TSA will consider it one of your carry-ons, as it is bulkier than the sabers are.
Thanks that is what I needed to know!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I’m concerned about having to transfer in London or Reykjavik with ours. Which is why I think we’ll pack it in the case, and hope TSA don’t check our bags and disturb the padding around it.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I’m concerned about having to transfer in London or Reykjavik with ours. Which is why I think we’ll pack it in the case, and hope TSA don’t check our bags and disturb the padding around it.

For what it's worth, outside of the crowds in Reykjavik, that's probablly my favorite airport. Security and customs are a breeze every time I've gone through.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom