Lightning Lane Drop Times

Purduevian

Original Poster
Hello Everyone,

Trying to get a list of Drop times for higher in-demand attractions. Based on Thrill Data, I think I found the following.

RideTimes
Tiana's Bayou Adventure9:48am, 10:48am, 11:48am, 12:48pm, 1:48pm, 2:48pm, 3:48pm, 4:48pm, 5:48pm, 6:48pm, 7:48pm, 8:48pm
Big Thunder1:48pm
Remy1:48 PM
SDD1:18pm,3:48pm
TSMM1:18pm, 3:48pm
ToT1:18pm, 3:48pm
MFSR10:48am, 3:48pm
EE8:45am, 12:48pm
Kali1:48pm

Last edited:

Purduevian

Original Poster
8/5/24:
Tested it at 3:48pm for Hollywood studios:
4:10pm Slinky, 4:00pm TSMM, and 4:00pm RNRC all popped up.

Oddly knowing that SDD has drops might make RnRC the preferred prebook options. Although it is a risk

Test at 4:48pm for Tiana: Failed, nothing popped up

Last edited:

C33Mom

Awesome, thank you for your service.

Moving on to griping, I thought they were changing the system so guests don’t have to wake up at 7AM, but now it looks like I’ll be waking every morning for VQ and then many days also restructuring my LLs, but instead of being able to get a whole additional sleep cycle, I can get maybe 45-60m more before dragging myself out of bed to tap into a park and LL so that I have a decent shot at more than 2 quality LLs. Meehhhhh.

Purduevian

Original Poster
8/6/24 check:

8:45am: EE went from 1:50pm return time to 9:05am. (The ride is also down right now)
9:48am: Tiana dropped a 10:05am return time (from sold out)
10:48am: Tiana dropped an 11:25am return time (from sold out)
11:48am: Tiana dropped a 12:25pm
12:48pm: Tiana did NOT drop anything. EE went from 5pm to 1pm. Kali did NOT drop anything
1:18pm: Slinky did NOT drop a time, Toy Story dropped a 1:30pm, ToT dropped a 1:30pm
1:48pm: Tiana dropped a 2:15pm. Remy dropped a 4:35pm
2:48pm: Tiana did NOT drop anything
3:18pm: Kali did NOT drop anything
3:48pm: Tiana did NOT drop anything. Slinky did NOT drop anything. Toy Story dropped a 4:05pm. ToT dropped a 4pm

Tiana did NOT drop anything after 1:48pm. Although I would guess this had to do with the fact that it didn't call any boarding groups from 1pm to 5:39pm

Last edited:

Purduevian

Original Poster
Awesome, thank you for your service.

Moving on to griping, I thought they were changing the system so guests don’t have to wake up at 7AM, but now it looks like I’ll be waking every morning for VQ and then many days also restructuring my LLs, but instead of being able to get a whole additional sleep cycle, I can get maybe 45-60m more before dragging myself out of bed to tap into a park and LL so that I have a decent shot at more than 2 quality LLs. Meehhhhh.
Yeah... something told me the power users were still going to need to be up at 7am... The good news for me is this really solidified the fact that it's not work the extra money each night to stay on property... I can get Tiana's, Remy, and even SDD just fine as long as I know these times.

Purduevian

Original Poster
Checking Drops from Yesterday:
Tiana dropped at: 9:48, 10:48, 11:48, 12:48, 1:48, 2:48, 4:48, 5:48, and 8:48
It "missed" 3:48, 6:48, and 7:48

Remy dropped at 1:48. However missed today

SDD has "missed" it's drop times the last 2 days in a row. Also missed 1:18 today... worried this drop is dying.

TSMM dropped at both 1:18 and 3:48. It hit 1:18 today

TOT I think missed both drops yesterday. However hit the 1:18 today

MissingDisney

In case you’re interested, there is an extremely thorough and complex spreadsheet of drop times, how long they lasted, etc. on another website. It has been tracked for a few years, including virtual queues and individual lightning lane purchases. If you google appropriately, I’m sure it will pop up.🙂

C33Mom

Checking Drops from Yesterday:
Tiana dropped at: 9:48, 10:48, 11:48, 12:48, 1:48, 2:48, 4:48, 5:48, and 8:48
It "missed" 3:48, 6:48, and 7:48

Remy dropped at 1:48. However missed today

SDD has "missed" it's drop times the last 2 days in a row. Also missed 1:18 today... worried this drop is dying.

TSMM dropped at both 1:18 and 3:48. It hit 1:18 today

TOT I think missed both drops yesterday. However hit the 1:18 today
I was actually in the parks yesterday and today— I didn’t pay too much attention to the specific drop times but I did not see much come available often after about 3pm either day, but with a LOT of refreshing I was able to get Tiana and BTMRR on Wednesday (after 4pm, never did see space mountain or jungle cruise come available), and today (mostly at DHS), I was able to pick up Slinky (this took dozens of refresh attempts) and MMRR in the middle of the afternoon— I could could have gotten RnRC but had already ridden it. I was holding ToT for 7pm so I’m not sure if it had drops or not.

FWIW, on both Wed and Th I played around with my LLs after tapping the 7AM VQ and did not find there was much opportunity to make anything better in the morning. Overlaps may have been allowed but there wasn’t enough inventory to take advantage of it. Well, I’m off to bed so I can rise at an ungodly hour to try and use all 3 original LLs at AK before 10AM. 😭

nickys

Premium Member
In case you’re interested, there is an extremely thorough and complex spreadsheet of drop times, how long they lasted, etc. on another website. It has been tracked for a few years, including virtual queues and individual lightning lane purchases. If you google appropriately, I’m sure it will pop up.🙂
Drop times have changed since the new system came in. The historical times may serve as a starting point but I wouldn’t rely on them.
The new times are just that. Some rides seem to have settled into a pretty regular pattern, others are still varying day to day.

But there is monitoring and recording of the current patterns happening.
Thrill Data & Touring Plans are two of the sites

Purduevian

Original Poster
Are you talking about thrill data by chance? If so, I've been using them and looking for patterns which is how I got my list above. If you are talking about Touring Plans, I'm not sure if they put that behind their subscription or not, but I have not found it.

If it is behind their subscription, I won't post it here as that would be taking money away from Len.

nickys

Premium Member
Are you talking about thrill data by chance? If so, I've been using them and looking for patterns which is how I got my list above. If you are talking about Touring Plans, I'm not sure if they put that behind their subscription or not, but I have not found it.

If it is behind their subscription, I won't post it here as that would be taking money away from Len.
It is behind the subscription wall.

A lot of that work on monitoring the drops are done by “liners” (ie their users) who just got tired of YouTubers and other sites literally copying the updated lists without crediting Touring Plans. So they moved it.

It’s not as if it’s top secret, but if they want to use it they can pay the sub or do the work themselves.

Purduevian

Original Poster
It is behind the subscription wall.

A lot of that work on monitoring the drops are done by “liners” (ie their users) who just got tired of YouTubers and other sites literally copying the updated lists without crediting Touring Plans. So they moved it.

It’s not as if it’s top secret, but if they want to use it they can pay the sub or do the work themselves.
Thanks, yeah I won't post anything behind their subscription wall. The list above was from me looking through publicly available thrill data pages. If anyone does have a subscription I'm sure touring plan is more accurate.

RSoxNo1

We never stay onsite. I wanted to confirm that if I get a 6 day park hopper w/Lightning Lane that I can make LL reservations for 3+ the length of the ticket and the days don't need to be consecutive.

Additionally, if we role in someone with an AP to our group for one or more of the days, can they get the benefit of our length of stay tickets for the LL reservation purposes? I recognize they wouldn't be able to have park reservations for all 6 days, but if they were to join us for one or two would that work?

Under Fastpass+ it did. With Fastpass+ a non-resort guests could also piggy back on a resort guest's LL's as well.

nickys

Premium Member
We never stay onsite. I wanted to confirm that if I get a 6 day park hopper w/Lightning Lane that I can make LL reservations for 3+ the length of the ticket and the days don't need to be consecutive.

Additionally, if we role in someone with an AP to our group for one or more of the days, can they get the benefit of our length of stay tickets for the LL reservation purposes? I recognize they wouldn't be able to have park reservations for all 6 days, but if they were to join us for one or two would that work?

Under Fastpass+ it did. With Fastpass+ a non-resort guests could also piggy back on a resort guest's LL's as well.
Yes to the first question.

And yes to the AP, up to whatever limit their type of AP allows.

Purduevian

Original Poster
Had some spare time... went looking for more and found Big Thunder has a 1:48pm drop. MFSR also has drops at 10:48am, and 3:48pm

MickeyLuv'r

Yeah... something told me the power users were still going to need to be up at 7am... The good news for me is this really solidified the fact that it's not work the extra money each night to stay on property... I can get Tiana's, Remy, and even SDD just fine as long as I know these times.
My in the park experience was that these drops times were only partially accurate. Accurate might not be the correct word.
1. In a few cases, I was able to book at a drop time.
2. In other cases, I saw what I'll call phantom availability. In those cases, a time popped up on the first or 2nd screen, but I was unable to book it, even with repeated refreshing.
3. Refreshing to get a better time was sometimes useful. It was more useful in the afternoon/evening. In the morning, I was rarely able to move up any of my prebooked passes.

This is where it gets a bit tricky. In the early days of G+, there was no modify. (only cancel/rebook, which sometimes worked for me.) In the later days of G+ (and last year of FP+), I had good results with refreshing.

It was odd to me, that in Epcot especially, many rides were walk-on. My LL passes were a total waste of money, and even though most rides had short waits all morning, we were unable move them, and had little ability to book more.

YMMV.

This visit we more keenly saw the contrast between how easily we toured Universal and how annoying it was to tour WDW. In Universal, we had EP. EP did make waits shorter, but even without it, touring would have been less stressful than touring WDW, esp HS.

In HS, if you don't buy LL, you are looking at miserable wait times. It isn't just how long the waits are, but how slowly the standby lines move. Getting in the front gate was also slow.

Another big plus of Universal, IMO, is how well the boats work. At park close, the boats docks look very crowded, and it looks like it will be a long wait for a boat, but the boats come frequently enough that we never had a long wait. The boat staff were also all very nice.

I also got a sense this time that the WDW security staff aimed to search a higher % of parkgoers. A woman in front of me, was sent to the extended-search and wanded, even though the only bag she had was a flat passport carrier, smaller than most wallets, and she didn't have any metal when they wanded her. At least one of us was often scanned when we entered a park, though it changed who was scanned. So person A was fine entering 1st park, but then scanned when we hopped. Person B was scanned entering 1st park but not the 2nd park.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
My in the park experience was that these drops times were only partially accurate. Accurate might not be the correct word.
1. In a few cases, I was able to book at a drop time.
2. In other cases, I saw what I'll call phantom availability. In those cases, a time popped up on the first or 2nd screen, but I was unable to book it, even with repeated refreshing.
3. Refreshing to get a better time was sometimes useful. It was more useful in the afternoon/evening. In the morning, I was rarely able to move up any of my prebooked passes.

This is where it gets a bit tricky. In the early days of G+, there was no modify. (only cancel/rebook, which sometimes worked for me.) In the later days of G+ (and last year of FP+), I had good results with refreshing.

It was odd to me, that in Epcot especially, many rides were walk-on. My LL passes were a total waste of money, and even though most rides had short waits all morning, we were unable move them, and had little ability to book more.

YMMV.

This visit we more keenly saw the contrast between how easily we toured Universal and how annoying it was to tour WDW. In Universal, we had EP. EP did make waits shorter, but even without it, touring would have been less stressful than touring WDW, esp HS.

In HS, if you don't buy LL, you are looking at miserable wait times. It isn't just how long the waits are, but how slowly the standby lines move. Getting in the front gate was also slow.

Another big plus of Universal, IMO, is how well the boats work. At park close, the boats docks look very crowded, and it looks like it will be a long wait for a boat, but the boats come frequently enough that we never had a long wait. The boat staff were also all very nice.

I also got a sense this time that the WDW security staff aimed to search a higher % of parkgoers. A woman in front of me, was sent to the extended-search and wanded, even though the only bag she had was a flat passport carrier, smaller than most wallets, and she didn't have any metal when they wanded her. At least one of us was often scanned when we entered a park, though it changed who was scanned. So person A was fine entering 1st park, but then scanned when we hopped. Person B was scanned entering 1st park but not the 2nd park.
It’s interesting that you mentioned the security checks. 10 day park ticket with hopping most days and we never got pulled over. My wife is the only one who carries a bag but in the past seemed to get pulled over often. I did notice a lot of people getting pulled out and bags searched (especially at the monorail stations) but we must have looked innocent or something :). We don’t know why or how they decide to do the random checks but if they were increased it’s possible they had some viable info about a potential threat. There was a security incident in the evening at MK the day we left (last Thurs), but as far as I know it didn’t involve weapons or anything, just some fools fighting over getting on the monorail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom