Lighting in Attractions and Theatrical Shows

Djsfantasi

Original Poster
On my last trip to Disney, I thought I could tell that the lighting was dim in several attractions. I could barely see in the queue of Frozen. Then in AK, most of the Dinosaur ride was so dark, that I couldn’t see in the majority of the scenes, particularly the dinosaur figure itself. Finally F! was so dark, I felt like I couldn’t see much of the show.

Anyone else experience this? I thought it might be my sight. I’m 65. But a recent eye exam showed no problem.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
It is dim but actually its more likely that you have a visual problem rather than it really being THAT dark.
I am visually impaired and I ended up having night blindness after a retinal detachment. Prior to that I could easily see in the lines. Now I cannot and need help getting around because my eyes have a hard time adjusting from the bright sun to the dim line.
You'll likely find it easier to transition early in the morning, when its cloudy, or at night.

ObscurityPoint

Nah. I can’t speak for Frozen but Dinosaur is probably darkened down to hide the broken effects and quality of the animatronics that have been there for the past 10+ years. Same goes for F!, it’s a show that’s probably on its way out and hardly any care has been put into it, unlike Disneyland’s, which is a colorful, beautiful nighttime spectacular

smooch

I went to WDW for the first time in over 10 years back in May of this year and me and both my parents noted how abosultely dark the Haunted Mansion was. None of us are visually impaired, I get my eyes checked every year due to my Type 1 Diabetes and have perfect vision and perfectly healthy eyeballs. When we entered the mansion initially and then stepped into the elevator it was so dark I genuinely felt like I was gonna bump into people. And it was cloudy / overcast outside so I wasn't going from bright sunny skies into a dark room, causing a harsh adjustment, I have had more luck going from outside in Disneyland in the middle of summer and seeing better. In Haunted Mansion it set the atmosphere to be fair but for other rides they seem darker for some reason in WDW to me than rides in Disneyland. Just my observations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom