Letter from WDW!!!!

Al

Original Poster
I sent a letter to Disney, and here is a selection of the reply, the rest that is not included here is not of any interest.

Hello Alex,

Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

While we appreciate your wish to see only specific attractions,
currently, there has been no mention of a replacement attraction for 20,000
Leauges Under the Sea.

Newest Walt Disney World Attraction, Mission: SPACE, Scheduled for Lift-Off in
2003 at Epcot.

Mission: Space attraction will go where no thrill ride has gone before -- deep
space. It will offer our guest a one-of-a-kind "astronaut-like" experience,
Mission: SPACE will launch guest into a simulated space adventure -- from
pulse-racing lift-off to weightlessness in outer space

Photographs of individual attractions are not typically posted on our
Disneyworld.com web site or in print at this time. NO pictures are available of
Horizons (which closed January 1999), for more information, please consider:

http://www.disney.go.com/disneyworld

Why on Earth has there been no mention of a replacement of 20,000 lgs?????

DDPGambit

I'm sure that internally there are plans...I think that they don't want to release anything to the public yet. I wish they'd do something good with that land(NOT character meeting areas or another shop), i mean, its been closed for a few years now!

Al

Original Poster
SOON CHARACTER MEET AND GREET AREAS WILL TAKE OVER THE WORLD (The Walt Disney World) :eek: :eek: :eek:

wdwmaniac

I agree with you Alberrisford Character meet and greets take up valuable space for ride and attraction. They take good ones out and put these in. I don't mind them walking around the park but if they take a whole building up for them they should rethink the idea over.

DisneyFreak

While I'll admit that the Character meet and greet is getting out of hand it is better than just having a painted facade around it like an empty spot in a mall. When a ride shuts down Disney doesn't always have an immediate replacement for it and until they do, it saves them money by shutting the attraction down and making a place for kids to easily access their favorite characters.

Just let me reinstate that I'm not a fan of CM&G but I can see it's usefullness.

dopey

freak's right. but it seems to me that the cm&gs also serve a practical purpose for cms. i just got back from wdw and the heat and humidity was incredibly stifling. i didn't see many characters out and about. many of the cm&gs i took my boys to were indoors where there was a/c, which was appreciated by both cms and guests.

frankly, it doesn't bother me one way or another. there are plenty of attractions at wdw to keep one busy for a month. would i want to see more? absolutely! but lots of people go to wdw to take pictures or get autographs of as many characters as possible. if you don't want to be bothered by cm&gs, nobody's forcing you to go. there are, in fact, other parks that don't have costumed characters at all.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
here's how the meet and greet situation happens:

#1. An OPS area decided to close an attraction

#2. Park entertainment notices this and asks if they could use the room, rather than let it become storage space (ie. Adeventureland Veranda)

#3. Entertainment takes resposibility over maintaining the area and does what it pleases w/ it.

What's the point of this, none really. I'm just showing you guysm that this isn't a major conspiracy by Eisner, Pressler, and Emmer, but rather cooperation between 2 areas of WDW deciding to put SOMETHING there rather than an empty space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom