Let's Talk Fast Pass+ (Help Everyone Understand How it Works)

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
With all the talk about he new system, I thought it would be nice to keep an up to date, consolidated view do how the system actually works as it relates to guest experience. Could someone confirm the statements below and expand upon them?

From what I understand:
  • Fast Pass+ IS the new system for all fast pass needs.
  • You have 3 passes per day and only 3 (not 3 per park)
  • Ride reservations must be made online
  • The old legacy system with paper passes is going away or is already gone and won't return.
  • There is a possibility Disney could raise the limit from 3 passes to more.
  • Is there talk or a possibility to implement the "old" system with the new magic bands so you can get a fast pass on the fly if you'd rather go to the attraction to get a fast pass. These would only be "given" if you show up at the attraction.
What did I miss or get wrong?

The only advantage I see for guests is the "sure thing" aspect and not having to go to the attraction. This is a huge minus for someone like me because we can move so fast and definitely get more than 3 passes in a day and like to go to many attractions 4 and 5 times. I have no problem walking. This sounds like a lot of negative to disney veterans.

Ben_since_1971

You are brave. Prepare for the barrage of snarky 'FP+ sucks' posts. But to answer your questions:

- Yes it IS the system for FP reservations.
- 3/day is the current rule
- If you have a MB you can make them online, otherwise you can use a FP+ kiosk found throughout the parks (although supposedly Black Friday WalMart lines were shorter :rolleyes:)
- Legacy FP is gone
- Anything is possible, and there have been rumors of expanding number of choices, but nothing official yet.
- Only speculation about 'on the fly' FP with MB.

I am a Disney veteran and I found FP+ to be a huge plus for me. I loved being able to plan out my park days. I am spending $$$ on this trip and this allows me to max out my time. I can see how some people (the legacy FP experts) would be upset about this, but it is what it is. Keep in mind, when they rolled out Legacy FP, it was equally panned as being un-Disney and they are ruining the guest experience, etc.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
So I guess my lobbying for no cell phones in the parks is going down the tubes? Only kidding, but it would be nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom