Let Episode VII Speculation Begin

AndyS2992

A highly doubt many of the original cast will return as they have gotten old and some have put on a lot of weight lol

stevehousse

But it would work because the characters should be older! And the main 3 from the original movies have all stated that they want to be apart of it!

AndyS2992

Mark back then:

Mark%20Hamill.jpg

Mark Today:

article-2173229-140C495D000005DC-486_468x650.jpg

Was going to do all three but can't be bothered because no one will care lol

Vader2112

Original Poster
Part of the speculation is that it will take place 3 decades after Episode 6. Even so... Please recast!!!!! Part of the fun of the original film was that Hamil, Fischer ande Ford were realative unknowns. Lots of material post Jedi for Disney to choose from that was sanctioned by Lucas.

pumpkin7

Oh no, they can't bring back the original cast. I'm sorry but they're just past it. Harrison Ford was pushing his luck I think playing Indiana Jones again. Can you imagine an aged Han Solo?
And not that I've got anything against any of them, but Carrie Fisher seems to take up most of her time bickering with William Shatner. We can't take her away from that!
Plus isn't it true that Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford don't get on too well? Mark's bitter that Harrison Ford got all the fame and all the movies, when he wasn't even the main character.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
What would like to see in the film Master Yoda?
My brain is all over the place right now. What I would love to see is the Heir to the Empire trilogy become episode 7-9, but I know that is not really feasible with a live action film. Part of me really wants to see the original cast back in at least a limited fashion. Since the Heir trilogy is not possible, I would not object to seeing an original story using some of the EU characters that takes place around 40-50 years ABY. One thing I have really pondered is going the KOTOR angle but far into the future vs. into the past. Going 1000 years ABY would let then start with a nearly clean slate, but I doubt such a move would be financially successful.

Vader2112

Original Poster
Why do you Feel Heir to the Empire is not feasable on film? Too much detail to trim out? I have a bad feeling that they may use Empire's End. Thrawn should be the only blue alien to be associated with Disney!
I can also see them using a scaled down version of Champions of the Force as well as that may have mass market appeal. I have wanted to see Heir to the Empire on a screen since I read the firt book in 1991.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Why do you Feel Heir to the Empire is not feasable on film? Too much detail to trim out? I have a bad feeling that they may use Empire's End. Thrawn should be the only blue alien to be associated with Disney!
I can also see them using a scaled down version of Champions of the Force as well as that may have mass market appeal. I have wanted to see Heir to the Empire on a screen since I read the firt book in 1991.
It would have to be recast and I simply can not see another actor in any of those iconic roles. It has also been somewhat confirmed that Episode 7-9 will be an original story.

Vader2112

Original Poster
Here is the other question is the general Star Wars film fan..( Not us mind you) Willing and able to watch a Star Wars film without Luke, Leia, Vader, Yoda, Driods etc...

invader

Is there a storyline with skywalkers kids taking reigns and then solos kids becoming the enemy? Would make an interesting story line..

Vader2112

Original Poster
Well Anakin Solo does turn to the Darkside at one point if I recall. No Skywalker kids until later in Novelizations.

EOD K9

They could very easily have the original cast for a few scenes. Basically you see Han with his feet kicked up in his space slippers and Leia sitting in her space robe sitting on the couch watching the latest episode of Dancing with the Star Wars Stars on the televiewer. One of their kids comes in and asks if he can borrow the keys to the Falcon because he wants to "go camping" on Kashyyk with his lady friend. Han says ok, not a scratch and be home within 12 parsecs. He goes off and has a space adventure. The whole scene lasts seven minutes tops. Why is that not doable?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom