Less expensive, more fun options

LisMol

Original Poster
I’ll be at WDW for 5 days this May and we’ve booked breakfast at Cinderella’s Castle at the beginning of the week and the Star Wars dessert party for our last night.
Because those two are pretty pricey -we’re looking for other options for other dinners as we don’t really want to eat in our hotel’s food court for 5 nights.

We’re staying at Art of Animation and have a 7 & 3 yr old. We had planned to take a break from the parks late afternoon and are open to exploring other parts/resorts? Particularly interested in Ohana because of the Moana gift shop.

Any suggestions?

nickys

Premium Member
Boma. The kids will love AKL.

Agreed. Spend an afternoon at AKL so you can look at the animals and take part in some of the "bead activities". And the drumming lesson and mini parade.

Or you could also hop over to Kidani (10 minute walk or bus) for dinner at Sanaa and hope to get a table overlooking the Savannah. If you don't get one of the coveted window tables, you can go out afterwards to the outlook which is right outside the restaurant.

LisMol

Original Poster
Agreed. Spend an afternoon at AKL so you can look at the animals and take part in some of the "bead activities". And the drumming lesson and mini parade.

Or you could also hop over to Kidani (10 minute walk or bus) for dinner at Sanaa and hope to get a table overlooking the Savannah. If you don't get one of the coveted window tables, you can go out afterwards to the outlook which is right outside the restaurant.

Are you able to get to the outlook if you aren’t eating at Sanaa?

Tom P.

I’ll be at WDW for 5 days this May and we’ve booked breakfast at Cinderella’s Castle at the beginning of the week and the Star Wars dessert party for our last night.
Because those two are pretty pricey -we’re looking for other options for other dinners as we don’t really want to eat in our hotel’s food court for 5 nights.

We’re staying at Art of Animation and have a 7 & 3 yr old. We had planned to take a break from the parks late afternoon and are open to exploring other parts/resorts? Particularly interested in Ohana because of the Moana gift shop.

Any suggestions?
What others have suggested is good, but I do want to also suggest that you at least eat a meal or two at the Landscape of Flavors food court at Art of Animation. We have always found it to be fantastic, and a cut above what most people expect when they think of food court. It is certainly more than just burgers and fries. For example, they have Tandoori chicken, Mongolian braised beef short rib, a create your own pasta station, and a create your own salad station just to name a few. That all in addition to traditional fare like burgers, pizza, and chicken nuggets. And it's all very reasonably priced.

On our last trip, my family ate there several times and we loved it. Definitely worth trying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom