Lego Magic Kingdom

habuma

Impressive. My daughters and I were talking about doing something like this last year. Our plan was to start with the castle, at mini-fig scale, and go from there. Then I did the math and determined that, at mini-fig scale, the castle would be around 4ft tall. (Where minifigs are 1.6" tall and assumed to be 6' tall if real person, castle = 189' tall in real life. 189' / 6' = 31.5 minifigures tall or 31.5 * 1.6" = 50.4" = 4.2'.)

Suffice it to say that it never got past the planning stages.

Lego Disney

Original Poster
Impressive. My daughters and I were talking about doing something like this last year. Our plan was to start with the castle, at mini-fig scale, and go from there. Then I did the math and determined that, at mini-fig scale, the castle would be around 4ft tall. (Where minifigs are 1.6" tall and assumed to be 6' tall if real person, castle = 189' tall in real life. 189' / 6' = 31.5 minifigures tall or 31.5 * 1.6" = 50.4" = 4.2'.)

Suffice it to say that it never got past the planning stages.

Thanks!
Yeah, mini-fig scale would take this from already-a-little-creepy hobby to more like a second job.
I realized early on that was never going to happen.
Actually started with the castle at my son's request, with no thought of making anything else, but then he wanted more of course... :)
If I had known, I never would have made the castle that big, it was a lot to live up to. As it is, the scale fluctuates here and there, as some things are less important, and some things just need to be bigger to get good detail (like Space Mountain literally wouldn't work if the ring was one brick smaller).
Just have to tie up some loose ends now, and finish Main Street and the entrance!
Anyway, thanks for the encouragement!

CP_alum08

Very cool! I remember a while ago seeing a full version of Hogwarts Castle on Flickr. If you are even remotely curious it's worth searching for, it was incredible.

NYwdwfan

My initial reaction was, "I can't wait to get home to show this to my kids" and then I realized that THEY would want ME to build it and I am not signing on for that!!! It is really super cool - nice work!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom