Legend of Sleepy Hollow Ride?

spies13

Original Poster
Has there EVER been any talk of adding a Legend of Sleepy Hollow ride to Fantasy Land or even in MGM Studios? I think it would be amazing and be a very popular ride. What a great story that was. Thoughts anybody?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
As you should know, Mr Toad Wild's Ride shut its doors in WDW to make way for Pooh. "The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad" was the name of the release that "The Wind in the Willows" and "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" were both on. Therefore, the chances of a Sleepy Hollow ride are exactly zero.

You wouldn't close one ride that promotes a release and then open another that promotes the same release.

Edit: Changed first paragraph to make post more clear.

LpMcQuack

Believe it or not, The Headless Horseman was originally planned to be part of The Haunted Mansion attraction but the idea was scraped, check out Doombuggies.com, for more on that interesting story. Still would be pretty cool though, until then I guess we'll just have to enjoy seeing the Headless Horseman annually during Mickey's Not So Scary halloween Party.

CoffeeJedi

Before the "Haunted Mansion" concept was agreed upon, there were plans for a Sleepy Hollow attraction based on the rotating theater setup from Carousel of Progress. I believe Doombuggies (http://www.doombuggies.com) has more info.

edit: i should read the other posts more carefully... yeah, what he said

Thrawn

Account Suspended
spies13 said:
Yeah but they should still consider it. No matter how right the almighty Thrawn is.

Why should they consider it? There are many more popular properties to base rides on.

DisneyDellsDude

I would really like to see a ride that has another Haunted Mansion theme. There are so many possibilities for this ride! I wouldn't even mind seeing a whole land dedicated to this theme! I know it's not going happen, but hey, you can dream right?:) :) :) And welcome to the boards spies13! :wave:

stitchcastle

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow or the adventures of Ichabod Crane was supposed to be one of the 3 original MK fantasyland dark rides (along with Sleeping Beauty and Mary Poppins) they were scrapped when it was decided to cut corners and just reproduce the dark rides from Anaheim.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
spies13 said:
Yeah but they should still consider it. No matter how right the almighty Thrawn is.

Wow....that was tacky.

Why would you create an attraction for a movie that came out I dont know how long ago? Where would you put it? Why would you want to?

bucklmd

Easy Hakuna.....Don't you think you're being a little harsh to the new member? He/she was just starting a nice, decent, safe thread. One can dream, right?

stitchcastle

hakunamatata said:
Wow....that was tacky.

Why would you create an attraction for a movie that came out I dont know how long ago? Where would you put it? Why would you want to?

where would you put it? Fantasyland or somewhere themed to spooky things.

why would you want to? They could tie it in to an anniversary or re-release of the original. Or for special occassions like maybe hype up the park for halloween. When Disneyland's Fantasyland was made over they popped in the Alice in Wonderland dark ride, they could do the same thing to WDW, especially with the rumoured addition of Bald Mountain in Fantasyland which would usher in the possibilyt of a villain themed land, Ichabod would be a perfect fit.

Epcot82Guy

hakunamatata said:
Wow....that was tacky.

Yeah. I can't imagine opening an attraction based on such an old film. It's not like doing that would work and give us a large mountain full of animatronics and fun that has become one of WDW's most famous and beloved attractions or base it on an old television show that has become arguably WDI's crown jewel. Doing that would never work... :lookaroun

DisneyFreak529

hakunamatata said:
Wow....that was tacky.

Well seing as most of Disney's attractions are based on charaters or movies that came out a long time ago. Like (Snow White & Peter Pan & Mr. Toad & Dumbo).

I think that you might not know what your taking about Hakunamatata! They have lots of room for it!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom