Legal Jobs at Disney

Captain Hank

You have no idea how much I want to make some sort of joke about legal jobs versus illegal jobs...but I'm tired and would probably subsequently be flamed. Anyway, most professional jobs are posted on disneycareers.com.

fosse76

Anyone know of any info in regards to finding a legal position with Disney?

The Walt Disney Corporation's Legal Division is based in Burbank. They do have other legal divisions in a few cities as well, but the bulk of it is in Burbank. Since most every position in that office is professional, you either need a headhunter or an insider to get you in. Like most companies who need to fill professional positions, resumes submitted blindly through an applicant by mail or internet are generally ignored (though they may bestored and filed...some companies get rid of them the second they receive them).

vwstud

Original Poster
yea i didn't think about the humor in saying legal v.s. illegal lol. I'm actually out in Ca studying for the bar here, so openings in burbank work as well as do one's in Fl (cuz that's where i lived for 16 yrs prior to Ca). Are there any specific headhunter companies that deal with Disney?

I've checked that disneycareers.com site but usually they post positions only for senior attorneys to oversee the newbies & lately there haven't been any postings for anything Legal (attorney wise =) )

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Years ago I worked in entertainment with a recently minted UF Law Grad prepping for the bar.

He passed the bar, and applied on multiple occasions to be in house legal for Disney based out of Team Disney. He never got beyond first interview and ended up going elsewhere to practice law.

What I took from his experience is that there is a lot of competition for those roles.

In my present career, I count on many attorneys as clients, and on a business project of mine, I count several as partners. About half of them have practiced in Florida at one time, have passed the FL bar, or recently returned to PR after a stint in Florida.

What I've gathered from them is that there is very little work for attorneys in Florida outside of foreclosure/eviction/collection/bk work, so look elsewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom