Leadership reorganization at WDW changes key personnel and sees transportation move to resorts

PhotoDave219

The move of transportation to resorts is a significant one. It certainly seems that the needs of the resort guests and transportation is closely aligned, so makes sense to have them both under the same control.

So does this mean that we are cutting out some bureaucracy? Does this mean that transportation will no longer charge individual resorts for bus & monorail service?

asianway

So does this mean that we are cutting out some bureaucracy? Does this mean that transportation will no longer charge individual resorts for bus & monorail service?
What if there were a company, a Walt Disney World Transportation Company, that received a slice of each park ticket to pay for operations and create a capital reserve fund for equipment replacement?

Nah

todd23

Does that really occur under the current model? If so, that seems crazy to me. It seems like Transportation would have a budget given to them, rather than having to charge their own resorts.

landauh

I believe that some of this change might be to better identify the jurisdiction of Transportation. After the monorail accident there was a lot of problems identifying what regulatory agency had jurisdiction over the monorails. Since they were officially an Attraction (Park Operations) NTSB had no jurisdiction even though they wanted it and claimed that the monorails are Transportaion. Part was due to the fact that buses are covered by DOT and watercraft/monorails are not. Having Transportation divorced from Park Operations might make this clearer in future safety issues.

PhotoDave219

I hope that this means more love for watercraft and monorails. The true workhorses of the property.

Uh..... Buses move more people.

Watercraft .... I'd like to see that department cleaned out. I feel they kind of run themselves. They need to clean up their act....

Monorails? They're getting plenty of love right now with automation.....

Maybe now the guests who pay the highest prices (Gfla) will actually get decent bus service.

John

Things like this illustrate why the management culture never changes. The shuffling of personal. They become no more then yes men....and ladies. Don't rock the boat, don't be creative... and you will get a raise and move up. Don't eff up the system we have in place and you can ride this all the way to a cushy retirement. Look no further then Georgie.

Funmeister

Seems more like musical chairs and a nonsense of shuffling. The resorts already controlled the stations as far as refurbishment and any alterations. (This includes Epcot and Magic Kingdom) The labor hours were always paid by transportation and not by the resorts. Does this new jurisdiction mean that each resort will start covering the labor hours to operate 'their" station?

Want an idea on how to re-shuffle management that will make a difference? FIRE THEM ALL!

PhilharMagician

The move of transportation to resorts is a significant one. It certainly seems that the needs of the resort guests and transportation is closely aligned, so makes sense to have them both under the same control.

Yeah, that does sound like a good move for operations yet the maintenance will still fall under facilities. So now we have one department responsible for operations and another responsible for the maintenance. There have been some shortcomings already and now that they have split transportation I cannot imagine improvement on the horizon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom