Late trip report: 14-19 Dec 03

Wow, I just got back to Nigeria and work has me completely swamped so this trip report may take more than one day to finish. Here goes.

My girlfriend and I left my house in Nigeria at 1100, 7 Dec. 43 hours later we were pulling into the driveway of my parent's house where we'd be staying until 14 Dec.

10 Dec is my birthday (I just turned 35) and my parents through a little party for me on 13 Dec. Stayed up late, drank to much and slept in until about noon on the 14th. We sat around my parents house bored until about 5 p.m. when my girlfriend and I decided to drive the two hours to Disney a day early. I was doubtful that the Contemporary/Shades of Green would have a room for me a day early as you usually have to make your reservations months in advance, but, to my suprise, they did. That night we ate at Chef Mickey's (lots of characters running around) and tucked in at about 10 p.m.

Day 1: Let me start off by saying my girlfriend grew up in Nigeria. They don't have anything CLOSE to a theme park so you can imagine the look on her face when she woke up to see all the Christmas decorations, the well-kept grounds, the monorail, etc. Her face just lit up! It made the whole trip worth it! OK enough about that. We ate breakfast at Chef Mickey's and headed to the Magic Kingdom. I concentrated on taking her to what I consider to be the "classic" MK rides. We hit Pirates, Thunder Mtn (girlfriends first roller coaster), small world, haunted mansion (lol...the lobby actually scared her a little!), people mover, and space mountain. I was a little worried about her on space mountain she was on the front seat and I thought it might be a little rough on her...boy was I wrong...I've never heard her laugh so much! After SM we stopped to get a turkey leg (she got the last one). After lunch we headed over to downtown Disney to buy some sweats since my GF and I are used to year-round 90F temps and it was in the mid 50's lower 60's while we were there. After DD we went back to our room to wait on one of our friends to come in from the UK. That pretty much sums up day one at Disney. Four days to go. I apologize for the substandard narraration of my story but I'm in a rush...no time for proofing! LOL...playing catch up from my month away from the office. I promise I'll try to have it done by the end of the week. Thanks for your patience!!!

BRER STITCH

Hey SAVN4DISNEYTRIP!!! :wave:

Your report is off to a great start!

I can only imagine how exciting it must have been for your girlfriend to see WDW for the first time ....and at Christmas season! WOW!

Can't wait to read more!

:sohappy:

pepsistar

:D Good start-- Waiting for the rest-- day 2 please-- Ha Ha

Happy Birthday! Ah? a little late but it is the thought Right! :lol:

Sounds like you were off to a good start! Must have been wonderful to see the joy/aw on her face-- Yah!!!!! Did you take pictures??

DisneyPhD

I am looking forward to hearing more. What a long way to go for a WDW vacation. Our good friends where getting married Jan 3 in Kenya, we had to miss the trip because of our 2 year old and me being pregnant. Instead we were at WDW (only a 2 hour flight for us.) We went to AK on the wedding day as our own little celebreation.

On a side note, when my friend and his now wife were "only friends" we took her to Cedar Point. She was born and raised in Kenya and it was her 1st time at a theme park and boy was that fun! (for us to wacth her!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom