Late Check out

upspatty

Hey,
I was wondering what the odds are of a late check out, or even a courtesy room to take a shower before going to the airport.
I am staying at the POFQ in July and was wondering if they do this sort of thing for people who have late flights.

swimmom

On one of our trips I asked about late check-outs when I was checking into the WL. They instructed me to call the front desk on the morning of our departure date to check availability. When I called, they were able to let us stay in the room until 1:00 p.m.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Complimentary checkouts can be done until 1 pm. Just because you ask, doesn't mean you can get it.

Depends on how crowded, how many CI/CO, someone coming into that room, etc.

At all resorts, you can have your bags stored. I know at All-Stars and Pop Century, there are showers in the restrooms (with laundry) by the pools. I imagine the other resorts are the same.

Upvote 0

Tom

Beta Return
Yeah, just use the pool showers if you really need to shower after 1:00pm. YOu can guarantee they won't be opening up Comp rooms for showers, haha!

We've used late check-out the last 3 years in a row. We were extended until 1, but checked out at 12 anyway because we were ready to get on the road. You have to call on the morning of check-out or perhaps the day before.

Upvote 0

Invero

This is how LCOs work. Each housekeeper has a block of rooms. If you have someone who wants a late checkout, now that room isn't able to get cleaned until a later time. Too many of these rooms, and the housekeeper cannot get them all cleaned by 3:00 -- check in time. So what Disney does, is they allow only a certain amount of LCOs per housekeeping block.

So, it's very well possible that you can be denied a LCO, while someone else requests one an hour after you did, and gets it granted.

LCOs are always discouraged, as they prevent guests from checking into a clean room in a timely manner. Although checkin may be at 3:00, guests get pretty upset when they can't get a ready room at noon.

As far as I know, there are changing rooms and showers available at all resort pools. Luggage can be stored with Bell Services or Luggage Assistance. These options usually help greatly reduce LCOs.

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by awallaceunc
What's the absolute earliest you can check out?

-Aaron

The front desk is open 24hrs a day, so you can check out at anytime you wish.

With Express Checkout, you can just leave the hotel... without it, you'd have to stop down to the desk.

Upvote 0

awallaceunc

Thanks. I always use express checkout, but I've also never tried to leave earlier than noon, so I didn't know if it worked any differently for super-early departures. Thanks for the help! :)

-Aaron

Upvote 0

TURKEY

With express checkout, most statements are done by 7:30 or so. If you need to leave before that and want a statement, stop by the night before or go to the front desk.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom