Last Minute Trip! (Warning - First ever Post Trip Report :P )

(* Disclaimer* I'm going to give this Post-Trip-Report thing a go. :D I've never done one, so I hope who ever decides to read it, enjoys it!) :)

It all started at a table in Ruby Tuesday. I was having dinner with my mom, and two sisters. We started talking about Disney, and then my mom mentioned that my aunt (who had just flown into town to visit) hasn't been to Disney since the 70s! I thought that was my mom's way of saying "Hey, lets all go to Disney!"... It wasn't. However, I was pretty dead set on going! It was the perfect oppurtunity to get in a March visit with family. You can't dangle a Disney Trip infront of me and then say "no". :D With that being said, my older sister and I took the reigns. She is a huge Disney Fan like me, so went ahead with the plans. We called up our Aunt, and let her know to pack her bags (again) and that we were taking her to Disney World in just two days! She was uber excited! When my mom talked with her the next day, she said my Aunt sounded like a teenager. I was glad! It is exciting taking someone to Disney for the first time. :D

With that being said...the last minute trip planning commenced.
My sister and I debated on where to stay for the 2 nights and we found that the Hilton in Downtown Disney had the best last minute deals and since we have stayed there before, we didn't have to do a lot of research and find out about the hotel.

Later that night, I stayed up and tried to plan as much as I could.
Friday, March 1
  • Drive up to Orlando from Fort Myers at 3:00PM
  • Arrive in Orlando - 6:30PM
  • Check into Hotel - 7:00PM
  • Pick up tickets in Downtown Disney at Guest Services
  • Dinner at Earl of Sandwich
  • Walk Downtown Disney for the night
Saturday, March 2
  • Catch Shuttle to EPCOT at 8:00AM
  • Spend Morning in Future World / After Noon in World Showcase
  • Dinner?
Sunday, March 3
  • Catch Shuttle to MK at 8:00AM for Rope Drop
  • Spend day in MK
  • Dinner?
  • Head back to Fort Myers
For the most, the very little and broad planning worked well. I typically in MUCH more detail, but it will do. We got a lot done, but of course, some things just didn't work out. Oh well...it's Disney.:)
Day 1 - Head to Disney!
For the first time in my families history, we were on time. We got on I-75 at about 3:15! We were to be in Orlando in a mere 3 or so hours!
We did hit some minor rush hour traffic right before I-4, but we had some very interesting family stories to tell to keep us occupied.
Around 7:30 we were entering the Walt Disney Resort! I always get excited when you see those welcoming arches.

IMG_0246 by alyssaley93, on Flickr
The picture isn't very good. It is pretty hard to snap that pic in the car. :rolleyes:

IMG_0242 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

After we made our way down to the hotel, it was time to check in. We noticed that the DECA convention was being held that weekend... (Let me just say, I really never want to experience that again.o_O) Once that was done, we unloaded and unpacked and then decided to walk to Downtown Disney. We picked up our Florida 3-Day passes and went off to eat Dinner at Earl of Sandwich. I really love this place! I first ate here last December and still look forward to every new visit. After dinner we walked in and out of few shops. Luckily we ended up by two Minnie Mouse scarves at Disney Fun Finds. It ended up being VERY chilly that weekend!
We were gonna head to Splitsville, but it was 10:00PM by the time we wanted to go, and it was just to cold to walk from Market Place all the way to Splitsville. So, we decided to walk on back to our hotel and call it a night. We had a long day ahead of us! :)
Day 2 - EPCOT
Day 2 is all about EPCOT. I thought this was one of the better parks to visit with someone who hasn't been in a VERY long time. There really is so much to see. We all woke up, made some portable oatmeal and breakfast sandwiches in the Hilton's Cafe microwave, and just barely made the 8:00AM shuttle to EPCOT. Luckily though, we made it! Once we arrived to EPCOT, I took my aunt to the Guest Services and we picked up a "First Visit" button for her. We had about 20 minutes to kill so we all decided to pose for some pictures!

IMG_9969 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_9971 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_9976 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

After that, it was time for the park to open! We decided to go straight to Spaceship Earth. None of us had ever done it, and so we decided to just go hop on real quick. We literally walked on in 30 seconds LOL. It was a good idea! After Spaceship Earth, we decided to go get a Fast Pass for Test Track, and then go wait for Soarin'. Soarin' was awesome, as always! When we got off, we were able to get a fast pass for the new hour, so we got one for Soarin'. AWESOME! When we were done with Soarin', we went ahead and got on Living with the Land. This is another ride, NONE have us have done, so it was a nice surprise. After that, we headed to Test Track, and waited about 5 minutes! It was a blast! :)

IMG_0253 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_9981 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_9984 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

We were pretty hungry by the end of that, so we walked to France to pick up some pastries. My mom was really wanting a croissant. We ordered a Croque Monsieur, 2 ham and cheese croissant, a creme brûlée, and an apple tart. We split it up between for a light snack and it was all delicious. The creme brûlée was my favorite. I will definitely go back! The vegetarian of our group didn't get to enjoy much from that, so we went somewhere that offered a veggie burger. We headed to Liberty Inn to really fill us up. Bought some chicken nuggets and of course, the veggie burger. It was all very good but there wasn't any ranch?!?! :eek:

IMG_9990 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_9991 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_9999 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_9992 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_9996 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

After that, we quickly walked through World Showcase and went over back to Test Track to pick up a new Fast Pass for later in the day. After that we split up and decided that some of us wanted to Mission Space, and the others wanted to do Innovations.

IMG_9998 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_9987 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_0010 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

I went with my mom and aunt to mission space. I have yet to try the orange version, simply because I really don't want to LOL. I have heard horror stories. So we stuck with green, but my mom and aunt are thrill seekers and tried the orange version by themselves. I waited outside the exit. It was a nice break.

IMG_0257 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

After that we headed to Ellen's Energy Adventure. This was definitely a nice break from walking. It was almost too nice. We were all ready to nap after that. So we headed to Club Cool and wake up with some interesting flavors of Coke.
After leaving Club Cool, my favorite moment of the day occurred. As were were walking out, we saw Pinocchio through the glass doors, starting to walk out. Before we knew it, he grabbed my mom's had and started skipping down the walk-way with her! It was so funny.
We got to be first in line for that photo-op! ;) It was magical. LOL

IMG_0268 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

After that, we were off to Soarin' again to use our fast pass. We got in line and luckily only waited 10 or so minutes.
After Soarin', we decided to take our time and really explore World Showcase. We bought some souvenirs from Japan and picked up some treats from Karamell Küche. Every treat we got was very good. We also stopped in the Mexico pavillion and picked up a sombrero for my dad. He couldn't make this trip, so I had to get him one. We have an this sorta inside joke with those. LOL ;)
We also went ahead and rode Fiesta Grand Tour. None of us have done that ride either, so it was a nice surprise from the norm.
After Mexico, the line to meet Donald Duck was super short, so we took advantage of this!

IMG_0015 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_0016 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

By end of that, it was time to use our Fast Pass for Test Track, so we did. Again, hardly any wait. By the end of that, it was FREEEZING (well at least to us Floridians). :p Thank goodness for those discount scarves. My aunt was also developing a pretty serious cough so we decided to head back to the hotel and figure out dinner.
Overall it was a fun filled day!
Day 3 up ahead!

aleyva

Original Poster
Day 3 - Magic Kingdom

Our chilly morning started off at about 6:00AM... We had to someone manage to wake up, pack the car, get some kind of breakfast in order to make the 8:00AM shuttle. That seems like plenty of time, but not for my family. Our night was not so good. Day 1 of the trip we noticed that DECA (a teen business club) was having their national conference that same weekend. Boy oh boy! All night the teens on our floor were slamming doors, prank knocking, and they pranked called our room because we complained directly to the teens by room. We all barely fell asleep by maybe 2:30AM... :mad: With that being said, we were all a little bit slow the next morning plus it was sooo cold! We weren't expecting it to be that cold (38 degrees). :rolleyes: We missed the 8:00AM bus to MK, so no Rope Drop... we barely made the 8:30AM. It was quite a hectic morning. Once we were sitting on the bus though, we felt much better. We were headed to Magic Kingdom!
We got to the the monorail at about 8:55AM, we were kinda bummed we missed the Rope Drop, but at least we would still be in the park pretty early.

We eventually made it inside at about Magic Kingdom 9:00AM... I guess that is pretty good timing. :) We decided we needed to buy gloved for our hands. (The night before we looked everywhere for some. Walmart was SOLD OUT?!?! :eek:) After walking inside, we made just into Main Street, when one of the Main Street vehicles pulls up next to us and asks us if we want to ride! That was a first for us, and kinda added that extra magic to our morning.

IMG_0033 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_0034 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_0035 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_0036 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_0037 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_0041 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

IMG_0042 by alyssaley93, on Flickr

Our driver drove us right up to the Castle! I was amazing! I feel very fortunate to have been able to experience that with all my family. :)

After that, we decided to walk on over to Frontier Land. That is where we usually start our mornings in MK, but Big Thunder Mountain was closed. :( However, the Cast Members said we could pick up a FastPass, and redeem it anytime during the day when it was up and running again! Great deal!

IMG_0050_zps1629e5e5.jpg

IMG_0049_zpsb9f84e29.jpg

We were all pretty cold, so we bought some hot chocolate and decided to ride Pirates, and Jungle Cruise.

After Jungle Cruise, we walked by Pirates again, Captain Jack Sparrow was having his daily show. We decided to stop and watch it. I regret not taking any pics or video! It was hilarious! I was crying at all of the ridiculous, yet very funny jabs at the audience. Maybe next time...:p

After that, we decided to head to Tom Sawyers Island. We had never been, so we thought this should be another first for us. There is quite a lot to explore. It reminded me of what how it was like to hike in the mountains. It was a nice trek. I also discovered those picnic tables. That is a nice spot to just take in the moment.

IMG_0054_zps34ea1e23.jpg

IMG_0064_zpsc75ab970.jpg

IMG_0053_zpsae049898.jpg

After Tom Sawyer's Island, we decided to do Mikey's Philharmagic. This was a nice place to sit down and relax after all that walking at Tom Sawyer's.

By the end of the show, it was about 11:30, and we knew that if we wanted to eat lunch at Be Our Guest, we should start getting in line. So, we did. The line went by fairly quickly. Quicker than last time. We split 2 sandwiches, a quiche, and 3 desserts. Our vegetarian of the group picked something off of the kids menu.

IMG_0067_zps7f2c9893.jpg

IMG_0091_zps2c2d1a2a.jpg

IMG_0098_zps49518c66.jpg

IMG_0100_zps7c08e796.jpg

IMG_0101_zpsbe197182.jpg

After lunch, we picked up some fast passes for Space Mountain, and got in line for Buzz Lightyear. The best part of the Buzz Lightyear ride, is the surprise photo op near the end. The faces... Oh, the faces...

IMG_0114_zps7327064e.jpg

IMG_0125_zpsf1d876d9.jpg

IMG_0126_zps1a5e978a.jpg

Still more to come...

aleyva

Original Poster
Day 3 Continued...

After Buzz Lightyear, we went over to Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. This is by far, one of my favorites. I guess I just love cheesy jokes.

IMG_0131_zps96311240.jpg

IMG_0134_zps6b972753.jpg

After that, my older sister and I took my aunt onto Stiche's Great Escape... just so she could say "I've done it." I still don't know how she feels about...:rolleyes:

After that we took a break and rode the PeopleMover and then back to use our Space Mountain FastPass.

IMG_0137_zps1b8d84c3.jpg

IMG_0136_zps558f6b9d.jpg

After that, we got to It's a Small World. It's a classic. My aunt HAD to do it.

IMG_0172_zps53cef0a2.jpg

IMG_0180_zps0073852c.jpg

IMG_0182_zpsf8626781.jpg

By the end of that, we walked by to Big Thunder Mountain to see if it was running again. Sure enough it was and we went right to the FastPass line.

IMG_0187_zpsbe8bb5da.jpg

IMG_0188_zps33b0c754.jpg

After that, we were ready for dinner. We were close by Pecos Bill, so that is were we ended up. We ate outside so we could catch the parade. It all worked out nicely.

IMG_0193_zps6be9091f.jpg

IMG_0195_zps816d1864.jpg

IMG_0197_zpsf2709af1.jpg

IMG_0221_zpse4acbc9c.jpg

After the parade, we made our way over to Sleepy Hollow so we could get a good view of the Castle for Celebrate the Magic. It was a perfect spot.

IMG_0232_zps1946d828.jpg

IMG_0238_zpsca10ea44.jpg

After Celebrate the Magic, it was time to head back to the monorail and the interstate. Luckily, we caught Wishes on the way out.

IMG_0386_zpsdc18f332.jpg

IMG_0389_zps6df5c2d4.jpg

Overall, it was a very cold but FUN last minute trip. I had a blast with my family! I can't wait till the next one in May!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom