Last minute advice after being sick

Arosebud13

Original Poster
Hey everyone,

I'm looking for some tips to get my lungs as close to normal as possible for Wine and Dine. I am coming off the tail end of pneumonia, and things that I used to do easily without breathing hard has got me struggling now. I know I should be ok for the Jingle Jungle 5k, but I feel the 1/2 marathon is going to be brutal for me.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I would take advice from your doctor, but maybe the best bet would be to skip the half. The most important thing is to get your fitness back, and the last thing you want after having pneumonia is to cause any issues by trying to do a run that you aren't ready for.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

dreamfinder

Yeah, definitely check with your doctor. Maybe accept the fact you will need to run/walk or just walk the 1/2. Outside of some of those fancy schmancy rigs they can hook you upto while running, or maybe something like this -> http://www.trainingmask.com/ I can't think of anything other than good old fashioned mileage. If you do look into one of those masks definitely definitely definitely discuss with your doctor, I could easily see that doing more harm than good if you are trying to cram too much into too short a period.

JillC LI

Be careful. I remember when DD had walking pneumonia, she could barely do 2 laps in the pool without getting winded, and she is on a swim team. It takes time to fully recover.

Texas84

If you're fully recovered (yes, ask doctor) slow it down. Maybe do a run walk. If you do it and it just isn't working head for a medical tent. But the bad thing about a Disney DNF is sitting in a cold bus until the race is over. You can also postpone your race. The details are on the runDisney page.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom