Last min booking, what a hotel deal!

Beuford

Being a Florida resident I thank my lucky stars of the savings I get at the world. From tickets to rooms, the savings can be great and well worth staying on property.

The last few visits we stayed off property, couldn't resist the deal we recieved, and had a great time. We are heading up next week for a few days and in the booking process i decided to shop around, and around until the very last min.

At first, I had a found a nice resort off site with all the bells and whistles for around $100 a night. Now during this time I was searching for a Disney resort at a good price, but didn't find a great deal except for a moderate resort at the same price point. To be honest, I am not a fan of the mod resorts,and would prefer off site at a large resort.

Still undecided, I waited and searched for another place to stay, with seven days to go I decided to look at disney again, and there it was, the deal I had been searching for. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Savannaa view, club level for $203 a night.

Considering the normal price of this room can be astronomical, I was blown away with this rate. I had checked the day before and this resort wasn't even listed, next day there it was! We are so excited, never stayed club level before. I never thought shopping around and waiting until the very last min would payoff so well, but If you can gamble, booking last min can sometimes make you very happy!

ohhector

Normally I don't even bother trying to look for a Disney hotel as they are out of my price range, and the major travel sites don't list them. But, I guess that has changed. I just booked a room at Wilderness Lodge for Nov for $207 a night. The same room at Disney.com was showing $385 a night.

Thanks to this, I will now be staying at a Disney hotel for the first time!!

Upvote 0

Beuford

Original Poster
I know what you mean, but the great thing about this was I did get this price at disney.com. I had checked everyday on their site and prices were all over the place. In fact, when I booked this room for $203, they had a regular savannaa view for $200. They also had a room at the Floridian for $248 which seemed pretty good too.

What was really odd was that just before i booked the room at Disney.com, I mean 10 min before, I called Disney reservations and they had nothing at a Florida resident rate, yet online they did? Strange, don't they work with eachother?

Upvote 0

devoy1701

the deals are out there, especially for FL Resident and Passholders. We had the option of a Villa at the Boardwalk for $207 a night in August, but opted for WL Courtyard view at $170/night...I wish I would have made that decision earlier because the day before I had found offers of $143/night for WL.

Upvote 0

_Scar

I didn't know they offer cheaper when it's closer!

Thanks for the tip!

Think waiting last minute for Dec 3-6 will work out for us getting a room?

Upvote 0

devoy1701

I didn't know they offer cheaper when it's closer!

Thanks for the tip!

Think waiting last minute for Dec 3-6 will work out for us getting a room?

I don't actually think it works that way Scar. The way it has been explained to me is that they release "x" amount of rooms for each room catagory at each of the resorts for Florida Residents and AP Holders. When they have reached "x" number of reservations for that particular catagory or price point, they no longer have it available, hence why I was able to pull up a ressie for Wilderness Lodge at $143 one day, but could only find $170 the next time...but that doesn't mean that someone might not decide to cancel somewhere down the line making that deal once again available to someone who happens to be online at the right time checking the reservations.

It could also have something to do with them extending current offering dates, or un-blacking out some dates that weren't available when they originally released the promotion. But I don't think Disney acts like normal hotels in that they lower the price of their rooms as you get closer to your arrival date. If anything, they would upgrade existing reservations.

But then again, now saying that last part, maybe that's how it happens...they upgrade existing reservations and once again make the lower catagories/prices available as well.

I don't know. Maybe someone from KK can offer some more insight! My advice would be to book now, and then keep checking as your dates get closer to see if anything cheaper comes up. If you find something you can always book that room, and cancel your original stay. :wave:

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Being a Florida resident I thank my lucky stars of the savings I get at the world. From tickets to rooms, the savings can be great and well worth staying on property.

The last few visits we stayed off property, couldn't resist the deal we recieved, and had a great time. We are heading up next week for a few days and in the booking process i decided to shop around, and around until the very last min.

At first, I had a found a nice resort off site with all the bells and whistles for around $100 a night. Now during this time I was searching for a Disney resort at a good price, but didn't find a great deal except for a moderate resort at the same price point. To be honest, I am not a fan of the mod resorts,and would prefer off site at a large resort.

Still undecided, I waited and searched for another place to stay, with seven days to go I decided to look at disney again, and there it was, the deal I had been searching for. Animal Kingdom Lodge, Savannaa view, club level for $203 a night.

Considering the normal price of this room can be astronomical, I was blown away with this rate. I had checked the day before and this resort wasn't even listed, next day there it was! We are so excited, never stayed club level before. I never thought shopping around and waiting until the very last min would payoff so well, but If you can gamble, booking last min can sometimes make you very happy!

Congrats and enjoy your stay! We have tried to book a few days savanna view club level at AKL the past few trips and can never get a room at all and you got one for $203 :eek: WOW! It was probably due to a cancellation.

Upvote 0

fosse76

Normally I don't even bother trying to look for a Disney hotel as they are out of my price range, and the major travel sites don't list them. But, I guess that has changed. I just booked a room at Wilderness Lodge for Nov for $207 a night. The same room at Disney.com was showing $385 a night.

Thanks to this, I will now be staying at a Disney hotel for the first time!!

I don't get that. Disney's Value Resorts can be as low as $81/night without a discount. So if you can afford $207 a night, then you can afford even a Disney moderate...at rack rates.

That said, I've seen Disney hotels pop up on Travelocity and Orbitz. They usually show up when a new discount is released.

Upvote 0

ohhector

I don't get that. Disney's Value Resorts can be as low as $81/night without a discount. So if you can afford $207 a night, then you can afford even a Disney moderate...at rack rates.

That said, I've seen Disney hotels pop up on Travelocity and Orbitz. They usually show up when a new discount is released.

Because the value resorts hold no interest for me. I can get pretty much the same $80 room for $30-40 just outside the park. I'm usually of the "I'm in my hotel room to sleep so I'm not going to waste money on it" mentality, esp being strapped for money.

Having that said, Wilderness Lodge jumped to the top of my "must stay at" list (right next to the Polynesian and the Contemporary) when I visited it for the first time back in April. So since I was able to get a good deal on it, I am staying there.

Upvote 0

fosse76

Because the value resorts hold no interest for me. I can get pretty much the same $80 room for $30-40 just outside the park. I'm usually of the "I'm in my hotel room to sleep so I'm not going to waste money on it" mentality, esp being strapped for money.

While I don't disagree (though at least you know the room at Disney will be mostly problem free, whereas the same cannot be said of off-site accomodations at that level), that's still not quite the same as it not being within your budget. Your comment about the values can easily be applied to moderates and deluxes off-property as well.

Having that said, Wilderness Lodge jumped to the top of my "must stay at" list (right next to the Polynesian and the Contemporary) when I visited it for the first time back in April. So since I was able to get a good deal on it, I am staying there.

I personally am not much of a hotel person (i.e., I'm not paying a quarter of my monthly rent, per night, at a hotel I only intend to sleep at). Though I admit I would like to stay at AKL. I'm just too cheap top actually book it! :p

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom