Lassiter reintroducing hand drawn features

papa-d

Original Poster
Don't know if anyone else has read this, but Laughing Place has an article this week that John Lassiter is looking to green light 2 new animated features to be done traditionally. I don't know how reliable LP is, but this could be huge, not to mention the possibility to open back up the Florida studio.

erasure fan1

That would be very cool, but the last article I read he said he would green light any project that he thought had a great story. It could be any type of animation, 2d, CG, go motion, what ever fit the story the best.

imagineer boy

Aw man, if this happened, I'd be the happiest person in the world. But like Str8fan said, they need to have good stories and plots. I'm sure they will under the influence of Lasseter though. Go Laseter! :sohappy:

papa-d

Original Poster
Being that Lassiter is a Disney Animation Allumni, I would think, considering the great story telling he helped lead at Pixar, knows that story is the biggest draw to an animated feature. Whether your a fan of traditional, CG, or even stick fugures, story is the driving force.

pluto77

papa-d said:
Don't know if anyone else has read this, but Laughing Place has an article this week that John Lassiter is looking to green light 2 new animated features to be done traditionally. I don't know how reliable LP is, but this could be huge, not to mention the possibility to open back up the Florida studio.
Hooray! :sohappy: I like the CG animation too, but I hope GOOD 2D animation isn't gone forever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom