Large Familes and Transportation

Doofenshmirtz

Original Poster
We'll be driving down for our next trip and I was wondering what other large families did for transportation around the park. Did you prefer to use your own vehicle, or did you find things were easier using park options. We're planning on Art of Animation in 2015. I've done Pop with my two older kids and we did strictly bus which was easy for the three of us, but with the 6 of us I'm wondering if which would be the better option.

meyeet

With 4 young kids and a stroller, we found the buses easier than driving our own car. Having to transfer back and forth from our van to the trams and then even the Monorail for MK was a pain with the double stroller. Not to mention buckling and unbuckling them from their car seats. Our last trip we were at the Poly for the first half and then the AoA for the second half. We brought my MIL with us on the trip to help with the sleeping kids at the end of the night which helped as well but the trams and large strollers did not seem to mix well.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I hate the buses...I love the buses. When I go down with my family and friends we always use the buses. It is easier to get around as part of the group wants to go one way and the other part some where else. I hate that Disney buses just do not seem to be well organized. Sometime I see two buses heading to one location before the bus I need arrives. Still I vote to use the buses.

Kristamouse

We have four under 8 and I expecting #5 in Sept...Been to WDW over 10x with kids and would much rather drive our Suburban to and from parks. We tend to make rope drop and have learned to ask the parking CM if we can find a spot closer mid day, so the tram is not an issue. I like been able to leave the parks when we are ready instead of waiting on busses, last Sept our friends flew and were back to thier room an average of 1hour after us. Try it both ways and see what works for your family. Enjoy your trip!

Hot Lava

We tend to make rope drop and have learned to ask the parking CM if we can find a spot closer mid day, so the tram is not an issue.
That is a good idea! Does Disney tend not to have cars in fill those spaces later on?

tare

Six is not much different than 4. Doesn't matter how many in your groups I think buses are the way to go and would work out just fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom