Land Fountain

Jseven

Gone. I actually had lunch there today. Fountain has been replaced by tables and metalic tree-looking things. But some different ballons are still there and so are the streamers. Less colorful though. Its also fun to laugh at the people in the Soarin costumes. :)

maelstrom

Sadly, the fountain is gone. The top sculpture of it was up on eBay not too long ago. I'm sorry I didn't buy it. It was going for only about $100.

marlaymike: if you go to my website, listed in my signature, there are a few good Land photos in the May 2003 section.

Hurricane

That was quite a nice fountain, it made the seating area feel almost tropical with the running water. Sadly EPCOT has been removing fountains and providing inferior replacements. While I'm on a soapbox, I really dislike the millenium celebration entrance, I loved the old entrance fountain and the prisms. Good old days....

Bluewaves

Thats one of the few things they did to EPCOT that I actually like they should have left the prisms though, those stone monoliths I could do without though. Now all we have to do is get rid of that stupid wand. Ah thread drift, lol.

Testtrack321

With Soarin' opening, the already bad congestion on the bottom floor would have only gotten worse. Unfortunatly, the fountain had to go.

Chape19714

Yes, but notice how many more tables there are because the fountain is gone?

I liked it, but it had to go. I do enjoy the new look of the land. It was dawning on me the other day, why was soarin' put in the land? I mean why didn't Soarin' get it's own enterance. Future world east has 4 pavilions, why not west? And besides, there is room between Imaganation! and the Land, as the Great Movie Ride was originally planned to be there. All I can think of is "Budget" A big nice enterance that would fit in with Epcot would have been very expensive. you could not use the same exterior as in DCA, as it would be out of place.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom