Land and Sea Vacation Package questions!

stevehousse

Original Poster
We are seriously considering doing a Disney Cruise for the first time! (Family of 5) I was reading that you can add land trips to your sea trip. Are these discounted rates for the land portion if you already have a sea package booked? Is there a website that I would be able to book both together? Is it better to book a cruise with a travel agent since you can get onboard credits? So new to cruising, we are avid wdw goers but have no clue about cruising. All the food looks amazing. We would do 3 nights at wdw and then a 3 night cruise.

DisneyJoe

We are seriously considering doing a Disney Cruise for the first time! (Family of 5) I was reading that you can add land trips to your sea trip. Are these discounted rates for the land portion if you already have a sea package booked? Is there a website that I would be able to book both together? Is it better to book a cruise with a travel agent since you can get onboard credits? So new to cruising, we are avid wdw goers but have no clue about cruising. All the food looks amazing. We would do 3 nights at wdw and then a 3 night cruise.
You can add pre- and post- stay hotel nights to your cruise, but they will NOT be discounted if booked via DCL. If you want theme park tickets or a MYW package or a discount on the land portion, it is best to book land and sea separately.

ChuckElias

We are seriously considering doing a Disney Cruise for the first time!
Do it! You won't be sorry. :)

Are these discounted rates for the land portion if you already have a sea package booked?
Sadly, no.

Is it better to book a cruise with a travel agent since you can get onboard credits?
I think the answer is yes, even if you're not getting onboard credits. Especially since this is your first cruise, a certified Disney agent will be a huge asset to you, since you will have so many questions. You can spend hours searching the internet, or you can spend 10 minutes on the phone with your agent.

But yes, many agencies also provide on-board credits. ;)

So new to cruising, we are avid wdw goers but have no clue about cruising. All the food looks amazing. We would do 3 nights at wdw and then a 3 night cruise.
If possible, I would suggest that you do a 4-night cruise. It may seem like a small difference, but a 3-night sailing is so rushed. People aren't relaxed because they're trying to do EVERYTHING! Three nights doesn't really give you a lot of time to get used to the ship. If you can only do 3 nights, then that's what you should do. But if you have time/funds for the extra night, I highly recommend it.

EOD K9

To add on to what @ChuckElias said, with a three night cruise, you feel rushed and you don’t find your cruise groove until you disembark. It’s better than nothing though. Also, do your park time pre cruise because it feels hectic in the parks after the fact. I’ve disembarked and went straight to the airport for one cruise, it felt depressing. If you can afford it, stay in the bubble when you are done, just to hang out and continue the magic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom