Kudos to HESS EXPRESS

KevinPage

Original Poster
I have to give credit where credit is due. Hess Express took over for Exxon about 1 year ago and their prices are STILL lower or the same as places not on Disney Property.

Gas for $2.07 is good for Orlando, not to mention in a tourist area. That is what I pay for myself on the way to work, sometimes more.

And drinks, two 32oz Powerade for $3 & two 20oz Dansani water for $1. I can't find a price like that in my local 7-11 or gas station.

Not to mention that Hess doesn't use foreign or middle eastern oil. :D :D :D

Lauriebar

KevinPage said:

So glad that you mentioned that!! We try not to ever buy gas from a company that uses gas from the middle east. Usually BP.

We also noticed that since Hess took over the prices have been more than reasonable. This was certainly not the case when Exxon was there!!

Hooray for Hess!!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
My preference goes for Sunoco 94 Octane... shame only 1 station in Orlando sells it :(

But yes, Hess is definitely a good alternative... good prices, good service.

But for that middle eastern comment... :rolleyes:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you want to see some outrageous prices on gas check out the prices at the Chevron that is right next to Hotel Plaza Blvd. The prices are 30 to 40 cents per gallon higher than the Hess across from DTD. Hopefully the US will follow Germany’s lead and switch to Hydrogen. No pollution safer and cheaper then gas.

joshwill

Master Yoda said:
If you want to see some outrageous prices on gas check out the prices at the Chevron that is right next to Hotel Plaza Blvd. The prices are 30 to 40 cents per gallon higher than the Hess across from DTD. Hopefully the US will follow Germany’s lead and switch to Hydrogen. No pollution safer and cheaper then gas.

america will never switch away from oil as long as people like king george and pupetmaster cheney, who have made all their money from oil, are in charge.

well, maybe when it runs out.

Yes I have to say I'm very impressed with Hess Express keeping prices low all around and offering good servvice.

As for Alternative energy there is alot more going on with it then most people know, currently Hybrids are all the rage (so to speak) are they the answer no but they do use considerbly less fuel. Its not a permanent solution though fuel cells are coming, CNG has pretty much come and gone. Whats next who knows but there is alot more going on then most people are aware of.

GymLeaderPhil

Unfortunatly, with Hess being on Disney Property, I can't purchase a Pepsi there... which made me mad, but the price of gas there is always a nice change of pace especially in gas taxed Volusia.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
joshwill said:
america will never switch away from oil as long as people like king george and pupetmaster cheney, who have made all their money from oil, are in charge.

well, maybe when it runs out.

Yay for stupid opinions!

It is OPEC and the companies that are driving the prices higher, not bush and cheney. Yes, they profit since they own some, but its not their fault that OPEC is a corrupt cartel.

Also, there has been evidence that oil reserves in places are refilling themselves, making people believe that oil isn't from fossils, but another process. Of course, theese stories are always kept from the mainstream, but searching on the net should enlighten you.

I've got more to say, but this isn't the time or place. So how bout you stop posting stupidity, and I won't rebut it.

joshwill

Thrawn said:
Yay for stupid opinions!

It is OPEC and the companies that are driving the prices higher, not bush and cheney. Yes, they profit since they own some, but its not their fault that OPEC is a corrupt cartel.

Also, there has been evidence that oil reserves in places are refilling themselves, making people believe that oil isn't from fossils, but another process. Of course, theese stories are always kept from the mainstream, but searching on the net should enlighten you.

I've got more to say, but this isn't the time or place. So how bout you stop posting stupidity, and I won't rebut it.

i guess this is the time and place to insult fellow posters tho.

sorry, my mistake for not agreeing with your views, wont happen again.

KevinPage

Original Poster
Thrawn said:
Yay for stupid opinions!

Thrawn,

Let's have a little tact and be civil. No reason to resort to this. If someone made a mistake, simply point it out and move on :D :D :D

Invero

KevinPage said:
I have to give credit where credit is due. Hess Express took over for Exxon about 1 year ago and their prices are STILL lower or the same as places not on Disney Property.

Gas for $2.07 is good for Orlando, not to mention in a tourist area. That is what I pay for myself on the way to work, sometimes more.

And drinks, two 32oz Powerade for $3 & two 20oz Dansani water for $1. I can't find a price like that in my local 7-11 or gas station.

Six days ago, they were $1.81... I remember overhearing some guests talking about gas prices shooting up a quarter in the next few days, so I made sure to fill up as soon as I got out from work. The next day they went up to $1.89, and then $1.99, and now $2.07. Expensive, but still a lot cheaper than any close off property station.

I also like Hess because they offer CM discounts on certain stuff (sadly, not gas! *pout*)

joshwill

my apologies to the board for starting this. you are right, it doesnt belong on here.

back on topic....

last i was at wdw, it really surprised me how cheap the gas at the hess was. when i drive home i usually fill up at either a 7/11 or racetrac on the osceola just before the turnpike. for the first time last trip i filled up on property. it was nice to be able to do that at a resonable price.

KevinPage

Original Poster
I mentioned the aspect of the foreign/middle eastern oil in my original thread, not as a political or racial thing, but as a "America should use our own oil" thing.

:D :D :D

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Not to get off topic too much. But everytime I go to WDW I choose to drive, and I usually go to various places in the Orlando area.

I know up here in the North East (NJ) we have Costco, BJ's Wholsale, and Sams Club Gas Stations which are much cheaper than regular stations ($1.69 for Unleaded as compared to $1.89 NJ prices accurate as of today. Self serve is illegal in NJ BTW). Does anyone know if they have these wholesale club gas stations anywhere in central FL?

shoppingnut

I go to Hess all the time here in NJ and they have the best service. Where else will they wash your outside car windows when you get gas. Besides they sell those really neat toy trucks at christmas.

tn1999

The Shell station on 535 has compriable or cheaper prices than the Hess, so for me its usually about convenience of location, and i try to stay away from buena vista drive around DD at all costs!

peter11435

monothingie said:
Not to get off topic too much. But everytime I go to WDW I choose to drive, and I usually go to various places in the Orlando area.

I know up here in the North East (NJ) we have Costco, BJ's Wholsale, and Sams Club Gas Stations which are much cheaper than regular stations ($1.69 for Unleaded as compared to $1.89 NJ prices accurate as of today. Self serve is illegal in NJ BTW). Does anyone know if they have these wholesale club gas stations anywhere in central FL?
Costco and BJ's Wholsale both have gas stations in florida. I don't know about Costco but there is a BJ's on Osceola Parkway just a little east of WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom