Kudos to Disney World on handling dietary needs

disneydancer2

Original Poster
My family and I just returned from Disney World this week and I just wanted to send a kudos out to Disney regarding the handling of dietary needs. My sister has a dairy allergy which many times limits her to restaurants she can go to. I was extremely impressed with how Disney handled it. Every restaurant we went to whether sit down, buffet or counter service, the chef came out with a smile and went through the menu or buffet stations to show what she could and could not eat. Some even went to the point of making special dishes for her so she got to enjoy mickey waffles and other foods she wouldn't normally. I was very impressed because every restaurant did this and did not treat it as a hastle or a bother like some chain restaurants do. In a society where many people have gluten or dairy allergies, it is nice to know that they can enjoy the food in Disney like everyone else. Great job Disney!:)

mouse_luv

My family and I just returned from Disney World this week and I just wanted to send a kudos out to Disney regarding the handling of dietary needs. My sister has a dairy allergy which many times limits her to restaurants she can go to. I was extremely impressed with how Disney handled it. Every restaurant we went to whether sit down, buffet or counter service, the chef came out with a smile and went through the menu or buffet stations to show what she could and could not eat. Some even went to the point of making special dishes for her so she got to enjoy mickey waffles and other foods she wouldn't normally. I was very impressed because every restaurant did this and did not treat it as a hastle or a bother like some chain restaurants do. In a society where many people have gluten or dairy allergies, it is nice to know that they can enjoy the food in Disney like everyone else. Great job Disney!:)

Disney is the best with stuff like this. I was very impressed on our last trip a few years back that they gladly accomodated my many food allergies, and all with a :)

eliezrah

We're planning our kids' third trip for this summer and both our boys have severe multiple food allergies. They always eat like kings at WDW!

Kate Alan

Disney is really incredible about this. My group in February went to the luau and in all the trip planning excitement I completely spazzed out and forgot that eating a Hawaiian/Polynesian style menu was probably not the best idea for someone with a pineapple allergy (to make matters worse, I totally read the menu before we went, I'm the one who booked the reservation, and I'm the one with said allergy! Sad to say, it did not even occur to me once. :facepalm:)

Once we got there and I had my light bulb moment of "Oh crap!", they flew into action...the chef came out to speak with me, and they walked me through each dish and pointed out all the things on the regular menu that I would be able to partake of, and gave me separate altered dishes for everything I couldn't eat. They were incredible, both in how efficient and how kind and helpful they were despite the fact they had no advance warning. It was really impressive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom