Kong

meanmice

Original Poster
I read somewhere on this site that Kong was removed. Please excuse the lateness of my realization, but i have never really gotten in depth with universal. My question is, is this true? is this where Mummy is or is this where Shrek is? if not, where did these end up? The last time I was at Universal was two years ago. I guess that things have drastically changed. What have I missed?

Emma

Originally posted by LeaveALegacyGuy
The Kong ride was taken out. The Mummy ride is taking place of Kong. Also, the Shrek ride is in the building where the Alfred Hitchcock attraction was.

..... And the new "Jimmy Neutron" ride has replaced the old "Save Elroy" ride :D

Stiles

No way!! They're taking out KONG.. as in KONGfrontation? Where you ride on the tram and kong shakes you, then its shown on TV as a newsbroadcast. I loved that ride. :(((

mandib

Originally posted by Stiles
No way!! They're taking out KONG.. as in KONGfrontation? Where you ride on the tram and kong shakes you, then its shown on TV as a newsbroadcast. I loved that ride. :(((

I know I just hope that mummy is good. Ok Mummy better be good. The best part is they still sell Kong merchandise!

woofboy111

Kong was the best ride in the park, but from what I've heard so far, the Revenge of the mummy ride is expected to be better than spiderman with even better effects, and no 3d glasses!

woofboy111

Originally posted by The_CEO
Considering they will use fog and project images upon it yes!

Hopefully more than that too to make it truely a psycological thrill ride like they have advertized on the wall in front of the ride.

pyschotropic

I really did enjoy the King Kong attraction and was glad I got to ride it once more before it closed, I remeber back in 1991 during Universal's first years it was the big thing people were talking about I guess it's novelty kind of wore off after awhile. I'm sure the Revenge of the Mummy will definitely be a great replacement, I was watching the short animated clip and the seating style of the coaster looks to be 4 across and has raised seats throughout the train this defintely makes sense as it would greatly enhance the passengers view of show scenes and would also explain the wide gauge of the track found in the photos on the net. This ride
will definitely be using the most advanced technology in it's show elements like new projection techniques as well as advanced animatronics and probably a number of other new technologies I am convinced that every element of this ride will be brand new and never seen before. I think the pyschological aspect of this thing might even give Mission Space a run for it's money Universal
was probably waiting for the right movie, the right technology and the right time to build this as Mission Space is finally begining to open I'm sure Universal Creative was saying we'll that's pretty cool but wait till ya see what we got as they all go frolicking and grinning with Revenge of the Mummy blueprints in hand!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom