Kona vs. O'hana for Dinner

Princess in Training

Original Poster
I just can't decide between Kona or O'hana for a Dinner ADR so I'm coming to the experts. I've never eaten at either so can you all tell me about your experiences and what you would do? I'm dining with DH and 2 DD (age 6 & 9) with plenty of character dining booked so that is not a factor.

EricJ

They're pretty much opposites: Ohana's is a big family-style grillhouse, with a lot of "Hawaiian" atmosphere and a lot of food served often, while Kona is a small cozy contemporary-upscale place for new-Pacific noodles and seafood, as you might find in a big-city hotel. I like them both for what they are, myself, but it's all about what you're in the mood for.

But if you want to try both, Ohana's pretty much only has the characters at breakfast, and sounds like you've got that covered. (Although if it's Polynesian, you know Stitch has to show up.)

DizneyPryncess

These are our 2 favorites - you really can't go wrong either way. 'Ohana is my husband's favorite. It's family style - coconut bread, salad, lots of various meats, noodes & veggies, shrimp, dumplings, bread pudding for dessert. It's a ton of food, so go with a big appetite! There's usually a Hawaiian entertainer teaching difference dances & involving people with those. It's a lot of fun, and very good food.

Kona is menu style ordering. Hawaiian types of food, also very good. I slightly prefer it to 'Ohana, because I like ordering from a menu, and the amount of food you get there is more my style. I really love their Tonga Toast for breakfast. 'Ohana is more of an experience, in my opinion. Kids seem to really enjoy it! Check out the menu's, see what appeals more to you & your family. Both are fantastic! :)

stevehousse

Kona for breakfast is a must! Ohana breakfast is good to if u want characters. We r actually trying Ohana dinner for the first time for our next trip!

lunchbox1175

'Ohana hands down, Kona is good for dinner, but the service is poor, you never get sat at your reservation time, and it isn't the same type of experience.

plaz10

Great food at both.

You could get a window seat and see Wishes at night at Ohana.

Kona breakfast is outstanding - I've loved everything I've ever tasted there!

Ohana dinner is very good but its easy to overdo it and be so full you're waddling to the monorail. haha

I personally would do Kona breakfast and Ohana dinner.

JTT

Kona for breakfast. Tonga Toast!! (also available at Captain Cooks)

Ohana is awesome. It's a must go to but hard to get ADR.

DisneyDebNJ

I just can't decide between Kona or O'hana for a Dinner ADR so I'm coming to the experts. I've never eaten at either so can you all tell me about your experiences and what you would do? I'm dining with DH and 2 DD (age 6 & 9) with plenty of character dining booked so that is not a factor.
Kona for breakfast if you can, and definately Ohana for dinner! Both are definate must dos for us every year. Breakfast at Kona has some terrific choices (Tonga toast!! and the Big Kahuna!) Ohana is SO good, go hungry!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom