Kmart in-store music and announcements from the 70's

SteveBrickNJ

Our local K Mart is still hanging in there. So many nationwide have closed.
Sears stores are affiliated w/ K-Mart and many of them have closed as well.
Tough times for these type of stores.
Thanks for this post @KentB3

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes

Kmart bought Sears for 11 billion dollars in 2004. They had this cash because they sold all of the real estate left for closing hundreds of their own stores. They brought their poor management and worse marketing along and have almost killed Sears as well.

SteveBrickNJ

Kmart bought Sears for 11 billion dollars in 2004. They had this cash because they sold all of the real estate left for closing hundreds of their own stores. They brought their poor management and worse marketing along and have almost killed Sears as well.
Sad. Many people only think of Sears for tools and appliances. They actually have quality men's clothing for very good prices.

KentB3

Original Poster

Well, you're welcome! ;) Sadly, Kmart is completely gone from my area (Piedmont Triad area of NC), and the majority of the Kmart stores left nearby are in smaller cities and towns. Personally, I think Kmart will be gone long before Sears ever goes out of business!

Pixieish

Sad. Many people only think of Sears for tools and appliances. They actually have quality men's clothing for very good prices.
When I was a kid, they were the "go-to" for just about anything of quality. My favorite thing was the vacuum cleaner section...with the vacuum that kept the ping-pong ball floating in the air. ;)

sjv

There's nothing left to sear's , appliances ,tools and furniture are gone. Kmart has turned into a dollar store with out the dollar price. Most of the inventory they get is crap that's clearance from other store's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom