Kind of stupid FastPass+ question

iubigman

Original Poster
So yesterday I "booked" three FastPass+ passes (pluses? FP+'s?) for my son and I at EPCOT for our trip in October (still kind of reeling that I just got Fast Pass times 2 months in advance, how times have changed). ANYWAY, how does FP+ affect your ability to get "regular" fast passes.

Example, we have FP+ times for Soarin', TT, and SE.

There are gaps between, and our final window is at TT between 12:15-1:15. While it doesn't really matter due to it being EPCOT and crowd sizes, are we "locked out" of grabbing Fast Pass the "old fashioned" way from a kiosk for let's say, Nemo? If so, when does the lockout end?

Weather_Lady

If Fastpass+ is fully "rolled out" and no longer in "testing" mode, then the old-fashioned paper Fastpass machines will be gone, and no one will be able to get a Fastpass except through the limited Fastpass+ system.

If they are still in testing mode when you go, then yes, you'll also be able to use the old Fastpass system along with your Fastpass+ reservations.

... and no, your question is not "stupid" at all! It just depends on how long Disney plans to keep on "testing" Fastpass+.

EvilQueen-T

and right now cm's are saying when the new system fully rolls out we'll be limited to 3 fps per day. said they did a survey and that on average a family only currently uses 1.5 fps per day so they doubled that number to 3. i think they've only asked people who've never been to the parks, are over 90 years old, and who don't know how the current system works (sigh)...

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Remember, you must have a physical ticket (or KTTW card) to put in the fastpass machine. If you only have a MagicBand, you will be out of luck.

We had FP+ earlier this month and also obtained paper fastpasses. We have made our FP+ for October and expect the regular fastpasses to be available still.

RickP330

If Fastpass+ is fully "rolled out" and no longer in "testing" mode, then the old-fashioned paper Fastpass machines will be gone, and no one will be able to get a Fastpass except through the limited Fastpass+ system.

If they are still in testing mode when you go, then yes, you'll also be able to use the old Fastpass system along with your Fastpass+ reservations.

... and no, your question is not "stupid" at all! It just depends on how long Disney plans to keep on "testing" Fastpass+.

I just got back and that is the way it worked for us. FYI, If you choose the reccomendations first, you often get a "bonus" fast pass+ We averaged one every other day. Plus if the attraction is unavailable you get a Freebee fast pass to use in any park at any time the next day (those are awesome! no reservation needed, just walk up and get on the ride of your choice!). We got two of these during our stay and one was on a fast pass we never had any intention on using!
RP

koryb

Remember, you must have a physical ticket (or KTTW card) to put in the fastpass machine. If you only have a MagicBand, you will be out of luck.

We had FP+ earlier this month and also obtained paper fastpasses. We have made our FP+ for October and expect the regular fastpasses to be available still.

How do you also obtain paper fast passes with just the Magic Band? Or how did you have Fast Pass + without the Magic Band? Thanks in advance!

RickP330

When you check in you still get traditional "keys" in addition to your magic bands. The traditional keys will still get you paper fastpasses for the moment.
RP

koryb

When you check in you still get traditional "keys" in addition to your magic bands. The traditional keys will still get you paper fastpasses for the moment.
RP

Hopefully this will still be the case when we go in October. Thanks for the tip!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
How do you also obtain paper fast passes with just the Magic Band? Or how did you have Fast Pass + without the Magic Band? Thanks in advance!
We are annual passholders and used them to get our paper fastpasses. We got our MagicBands (and FP+) from staying at AKL earlier this month (one of the test resorts.)

Becky

"ANYWAY, how does FP+ affect your ability to get "regular" fast passes."
As others have said, right now it doesn't have any affect on paper fast passes.
We were at WDW last week and often we would have 3 (4 at MK) FP+ and also hold a
couple of paper FP's. We would book the FP+ for late afternoons and evenings
and use the paper FP's in the morning before they were gone. Also since FP+ can
only be booked in one park per day if we wanted to park hop we booked PM
FP+ at one park and in the morning we would be at a different park and get
paper FP's.

Skippy's Pal

and right now cm's are saying when the new system fully rolls out we'll be limited to 3 fps per day. said they did a survey and that on average a family only currently uses 1.5 fps per day so they doubled that number to 3. i think they've only asked people who've never been to the parks, are over 90 years old, and who don't know how the current system works (sigh)...

1.5 per day? Hard to believe a CM could say that with a straight face. And 3 isn't enough, either. Soooo hoping that this number will increase by way of resort incentives or other packages.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
The biggest upgrade that I want to see them implement is the ability to get FP+'s at multiple parks in the same day. We park hop pretty much every day, so this is something that will be sorely missed if they can't get it part of the new system.

Becky

The biggest upgrade that I want to see them implement is the ability to get FP+'s at multiple parks in the same day. We park hop pretty much every day, so this is something that will be sorely missed if they can't get it part of the new system.
That has to happen or people will stop buying park hoppers (at $65+ each) and Disney would lose millions. :eek: Right now you can do it with FP+ at one park and paper FP at another. My guess is that one of the next couple of tests will include the ability to hop with FP+.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
That has to happen or people will stop buying park hoppers (at $65+ each) and Disney would lose millions. :eek: Right now you can do it with FP+ at one park and paper FP at another. My guess is that one of the next couple of tests will include the ability to hop with FP+.

It would be nice if they could get it done before the system officially goes live but my guess is that will be part of an upgrade of the system sometime the latter part of next year. It's been a big enough challenge for them to get the system up and running. Park hopping and having FP+'s at multiple parks just adds a whole other level of complexity.

EvilQueen-T

1.5 per day? Hard to believe a CM could say that with a straight face. And 3 isn't enough, either. Soooo hoping that this number will increase by way of resort incentives or other packages.

lol...i actually kind of laughed when they said it. the 2 cm's looked kind of confused at my reaction then told me about the survey. i was just shocked.

Rob562

Then there's people like me, a Disney Veteran, visiting the parks in early June with a first-timer. Over the course of 6 park days, we got a total of *9* FastPass tickets. (And two of those went un-used, one of which was for Peter Pan which broke down just as we entered the FP Return line and it stayed closed the rest of the day)

And this wasn't an aberration. That's about typical for my trips.
FP+ will actually have me using *more* FP for attractions than I'm used to.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom