Kim Possible Closing?

maxairmike

No one really knows yet, at least from what I've heard. They've pushed it back at least twice now to sometime around June or maybe July. It won't take too much to change over, but it definitely is a little more than an over-night change. I wouldn't expect any down-time to last more than a week, though.

The Empress Lilly

As long as it's not changed, I'm keeping my hopes up.

Please don't change Kim Possible I love Kim! From the Kimmunicator to 'saving the world', the entire game was build around KP. It will be odd to move anyone else in. :cry:

wilkeliza

Please don't change Kim Possible I love Kim! From the Kimmunicator to 'saving the world', the entire game was build around KP. It will be odd to move anyone else in. :cry:

I thought it was already announced and confirmed that Perry from Phinus and Ferb was taking over?

PuertoRekinSam

Sorry to tell you the news. But it's turning into Agent P.

(notice how I didn't say bad news... I for one welcome this change)

Bolt

If you read the permits thread, you will see this was listed about two weeks ago.

4/6/2012

EPCOT
Odyssey Bridge - EPCOT Odyssey Bridge - "Agent P" Main Marquee

bhg469

I welcome the change even though I dislike the whole platypus thing. As long as they keep the attraction as interactive as it currently is and don't take away any elements. If this turns into sorcerers I'm going to be very let down.

Tom

Beta Return

Yes, it's definitely changing to Agent P. Unfortunately, Kim has seen her time come and go, and there's a new fad in town. This activity is directed at kids, so they have to keep it relevant.

If you read the permits thread, you will see this was listed about two weeks ago.

4/6/2012

EPCOT
Odyssey Bridge - EPCOT Odyssey Bridge - "Agent P" Main Marquee

I was going to point out the same thing. They've already filed the permit to change the signage. They're not usually too early filing these things, so either it will have been pushed back AFTER they filed, or it will be happening very soon.

FigmentJedi

Yes, it's definitely changing to Agent P. Unfortunately, Kim has seen her time come and go, and there's a new fad in town. This activity is directed at kids, so they have to keep it relevant.
Well maybe if Disney ever bothered to treat their TV shows with more respect and we had proper DVD season sets with actual effort put into them, Kim Possible and all the other older shows would have a little more staying power in the public eye. Hell, if we even got some comics going again, that would be nice. The Disney Afternoon stuff Boom Comics did was rather successful and it'd be nice if Marvel would pick up Darkwing Duck again or the other material.

Sir-Disney

Well maybe if Disney ever bothered to treat their TV shows with more respect and we had proper DVD season sets with actual effort put into them, Kim Possible and all the other older shows would have a little more staying power in the public eye. Hell, if we even got some comics going again, that would be nice. The Disney Afternoon stuff Boom Comics did was rather successful and it'd be nice if Marvel would pick up Darkwing Duck again or the other material.

Always thought a Darkwing Duck thrill ride would be cool :). Maybe the Kim Possible show just generally lost popularity other than with people who have fun with it at the park.

Strangeling

My husband & I did Kim Possible recently and asked the CM giving us our Kimmunicators: "Hey, when is this closing?" and she said promptly "June 11th!".

So, there ya go, and as always with everything, a grain of salt may or may not be needed.

I'm curious as to whether they'll be just overlaying the Agent P theming and have the same basic adventures/locations/triggers or if there will be new things added....

Samoht

We have never done Kim Possible and are planning to do it for the first time when we visit in July. I know it will probably be changed but, can anyone desciibe what its like now? I've read descriptions but they don't really go into much detail. Just trying to get the two kids(8 & 6) psyched up for it. Thanks!

FigmentJedi

Always thought a Darkwing Duck thrill ride would be cool :). Maybe the Kim Possible show just generally lost popularity other than with people who have fun with it at the park.

Attraction came about a few years after the show ended and was only in reruns on Disney Channel.

Polydweller

Really isn't about respect but rather kids moving on as they age. Things get old quickly and the next group of kids coming along have their favorites. So, things change to keep them relevant for the new generation.

You could tell that Kim Possible was aging in Epcot. It was still popular but in the last couple of years the numbers doing it had clearly dropped off from what they were at the start.

Hawkeye21

BEST IDEA EVER! :drevil: I still remember seeing the Disney Afternoon Show with TaleSpin, Rescue Ranges, Ducktales, and Darkwing Duck in Mickey's Starland :)

Ralphlaw

To explain: You sign up at one of the Kim Possible booths in and around World Showcase for a time and country. You show up at the proper time and place, and they hand you a cell phone like thing called a Kimmunicator. You then have about a half dozen things to press and clues to find and punch in to your Kimmunicator, all of which are needed to track down some bad guy and save the world. Depending on the country, cool things within the country pavilion happen, including rocket ships, objects talking, things emerging from water, stuff moving around, phones ringing with messages, water dancing around, steam fogging up places, and glowing messages suddenly lighting up. It's cool, and very unexpected, and very well incorporated into the country. For example, the volcano inside the Mexico pavilion has something very cool happen to it.

My kids love it, and I find it delightful. This is one of the best things to make World Showcase sustainably fun for younger people. Agent P, for the younger generation, will probably add to the fun. For me, I welcome the change, but I must admit that Kim Possible holds a special place in our hearts because this is the ONLY time we had an association with her. We never watched the show, so Kim Possible was a very unique happy and international thing associated with World Showcase for us. Oh well, change is necessary, and I assume Agent P will make it even more fun for the younger people who know nothing about Kim Possible. We're coming in Novmeber for 9 days, and I wouldn't be surprised if we do ALL of the countries in this way.

FigmentJedi

My kids love it, and I find it delightful. This is one of the best things to make World Showcase sustainably fun for younger people. Agent P, for the younger generation, will probably add to the fun. For me, I welcome the change, but I must admit that Kim Possible holds a special place in our hearts because this is the ONLY time we had an association with her. We never watched the show, so Kim Possible was a very unique happy and international thing associated with World Showcase for us. Oh well, change is necessary, and I assume Agent P will make it even more fun for the younger people who know nothing about Kim Possible. We're coming in Novmeber for 9 days, and I wouldn't be surprised if we do ALL of the countries in this way.

Show is definitely worth a look. Think Seasons 3 and 4 might be a Netflix streaming offering, though Disney's also opened up an official YouTube channel for TV shows that a few episodes of Kim Possible have emerged on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom