Kids Menus

TrentMom

Original Poster
Hi All.

I was just reading on another site about new kids menus that started in October 2006, where the kids menu is very limited...

At one restuaruant, you get cheese pizza or Pepperoni pizza, then at another it might be hamburger and fries or Mac n cheese, and so on...

Has anyone been recently with a young child and can tell me if this kind of menu is at all of the restaurants now for kids 3-9?

My son is very picky....his all time favorite food is grilled cheese and this does not appear to be on this new kids menu.....

Please Help!!!

Thanks
Trentmom

bouncer

Here are the menus for all the resturants:
http://allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

Most places only offer a couple of different kids options each, im not sure about the grilled cheese. At least on the new menu you can choose any side dish from a choice of fries, mickey crackers, carrotts, grapes or apple sauce.

tigsmom

I also read (and I can't remember where right now) that some restaurants were adding back some of the older menu choices because of complaints.

TrentMom

Original Poster
I also read (and I can't remember where right now) that some restaurants were adding back some of the older menu choices because of complaints.
I hope so.

My DS used to love pizza and not won't touch it.

Now, he pretty much just eats mac n cheese or grilled cheese..... Once in awhile, I can get him to eat chicken fingers.....

Thanks
Trentmom

tigsmom

I hope so.

My DS used to love pizza and not won't touch it.

Now, he pretty much just eats mac n cheese or grilled cheese..... Once in awhile, I can get him to eat chicken fingers.....

Thanks
Trentmom

My youngest loves grilled cheese too. You can ask if you can get one made special, most places will try to help.

pinkrose

We were there the week after Thanksgiving and like you, I was nervous about the kids menus. I found that my worries were unwarrented. The kids menus had a nice variety. There were usually a couple of dishes that pertained to that resturant and then the usual kid fare.
I did not like the kids menu at the Flatbread Grill. The only sides she had to pick from (2 of) were grapes, apple sauce, or carrot sticks. They wouldn't let me get fries (this was on the dining plan). Plus, I don't let my kids have artificial sweetener and the only dessert for kids is sugar free jello. They wouldn't let me change that either, so we went elsewhere. This was the only probem we had anywhere with a kids menu though.

pinkrose

Here's one of the kids menu's I brought home. They are different at each place. This one is from Jiko

Appetizers and sides...
Salad Greens withTomatoes and carrots
Mixed Fruit
Carrot and Celerty Sticks with Peanut Butter
Green Peas and Carrots

Entrees

Grilled Cheese withPeanut Butter dip, fruit, and celery sticks
Tomato and cheese pizza
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich with fruit, carrot and celery sticks
Grilled chicken breast with mashed potatoes, veggies and fruit
Broiled fish with mashed potatoes, veggies and fruit
Grilled beef filet with mashed potatoes, veggies and fruit
Macaroni and Cheese withwhite cheese sauce

Deserts

Vanilla Ice Cream
Jiko Puzzle with Ice-Cream Sundae
Smores and More - Build your own with marshmallow fluff, peanut butter, melted chocolate, and graham crackers.

Here's one from Whispering Canyon Cafe (dinner)

Startes

Mixed Greens Salad
Bowl of Watermelon

Main dishes

All you care to enjoy Barbecue Skillet
Roast Chicken Drumsticks
Hot Dog
Hamburger
Macaroni and Cheese
Chicken Strips

Desserts

"Chunk" wagon - A sundae served with a chocolate chunk cookie
Worms in the Dirt - Chocolate Cake, Chocolate pudding and gummy worms.

pinkrose

Here's one from Le Cellier

Appetizers

House Salad
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup

Entrees

Pasta with Tomato Sauce
Cheeseburger
Hotdog
Chicken Nuggets
Grilled Chicken
6 oz. Steak

Northern Lights - Vanilla Ice Cream, Your choice of Soda, and a Red Glow Cube 5:99

Desserts

Campfire S'Mores
Chocolate "Moose"

TrentMom

Original Poster
Thanks Pink Rose. You sure went above and beyond. I really appreciate that.

We were thinking of trying Whispering Canyon and that menu looks perfect for our picky ds. The others look great too.

I know i can get him to eat chicken fingers and chicken nuggets. Of course, grilled cheese...his favorite.

Have a Magical Evening!!!
Trentom

pinkrose

Thanks Pink Rose. You sure went above and beyond. I really appreciate that.

We were thinking of trying Whispering Canyon and that menu looks perfect for our picky ds. The others look great too.

I know i can get him to eat chicken fingers and chicken nuggets. Of course, grilled cheese...his favorite.

Have a Magical Evening!!!
Trentom

You are so very welcome :) My kids not only liked the food at Whispering Canyon, but they had a great time too.

coltow

I remember ds being able to get mac & cheese or at least pasta at most places. I was lucky though because he was sort of in between food phases last summer. He was in the process of getting out of mac & cheese and hot dog phase and beginning to enter his PB&J and chicken finger phase. So he was eating all 4 during the same week.

TrentMom

Original Poster
I remember ds being able to get mac & cheese or at least pasta at most places. I was lucky though because he was sort of in between food phases last summer. He was in the process of getting out of mac & cheese and hot dog phase and beginning to enter his PB&J and chicken finger phase. So he was eating all 4 during the same week.

That's great. I can normally get DS to eat mac n cheese once in awhile. He is always up for pasta, as long as there is no sauce involved..

Thanks
Trentmom:xmas:

sarajo

We were there the week between Christmas and New Years with our dd, age 4, who is a fairly picky eater. If there wasn't something on the menu that appealled to her, we were able to ask our server and get something that would be agreeable to her. Now, mind you, this only happened a couple of times because most places had at least one thing she would eat. But, when talking with most servers, they were willing to at least try to get something that would work for those kids that are picky eaters. Hope that helps some! Just don't be afraid to ask... it can't hurt, and might actually help!

TrentMom

Original Poster
We were there the week between Christmas and New Years with our dd, age 4, who is a fairly picky eater. If there wasn't something on the menu that appealled to her, we were able to ask our server and get something that would be agreeable to her. Now, mind you, this only happened a couple of times because most places had at least one thing she would eat. But, when talking with most servers, they were willing to at least try to get something that would work for those kids that are picky eaters. Hope that helps some! Just don't be afraid to ask... it can't hurt, and might actually help!

Thanks sarajo.

That is great to know that most of the servers are so accomodating when it comes to little ones being picky eaters...

Trentmom

luv2ash

The kids menus for DP are horrible. I have a 6 and 9 y/o and they were quite tired of it. They never once ate the jello, why would they when they can share the mom and dads desserts which were way better. We were able to upgrade to french fries for free (we just got back last night- so this is recent). I never saw a grilled cheese. Macaroni and cheese was everywhere!!! They loved it when we went to a buffet cuz they could eat anything!! Next time we do it, we will make more ressies at buffets. After all, these kids are on vacation, a little more food choices would be great. My DH and I ate like we were on vacation so why can't my kids? Counter service usually only had 2 choices and the sit downs had a few more, but still nothing to jump up and down about. Grapes, carrot sticks, applesauce. Thank goodness for the free upgrade to french fries, or my little one would not have eaten at all!

pinkrose

The kids menus for DP are horrible. I have a 6 and 9 y/o and they were quite tired of it. They never once ate the jello, why would they when they can share the mom and dads desserts which were way better. We were able to upgrade to french fries for free (we just got back last night- so this is recent). I never saw a grilled cheese. Macaroni and cheese was everywhere!!! They loved it when we went to a buffet cuz they could eat anything!! Next time we do it, we will make more ressies at buffets. After all, these kids are on vacation, a little more food choices would be great. My DH and I ate like we were on vacation so why can't my kids? Counter service usually only had 2 choices and the sit downs had a few more, but still nothing to jump up and down about. Grapes, carrot sticks, applesauce. Thank goodness for the free upgrade to french fries, or my little one would not have eaten at all!

When did you go? They weren't that way (sit downs) when we were there the first week of December.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom