Kids Meal

darrenandmelissa

Original Poster
How strict out the restaurants with the kids meal.

My daughter will be 10 when we go and the food on the kids menu is all she needs for a meal.

Will we be able to purchase her meals of the kids menu?

MDonna

Anyone can order from the childrens' menu, as far as I'm aware. It's not an age restricted thing. I recall hearing you can also ask for a childrens'-size portion of the adult menu at some of the restaurants, but you'd want someone else to confirm that.

drizgirl

Anyone can order from the childrens' menu, as far as I'm aware. It's not an age restricted thing. I recall hearing you can also ask for a childrens'-size portion of the adult menu at some of the restaurants, but you'd want someone else to confirm that.
That's not true at the table service location (although counter service is fine). I'm sure you'll find some who will do it, but not as a general rule. That said though, I doubt the OP will have issue with it at age 10 (unless it's all you can eat or a buffet).

21stamps

Tip- the children's menus are very redundant. If she's not hungry enough for an adult meal or the child's meals are too boring (which is many restaurants imo) and you want to switch it up a bit, you can order appetizers for her. I do that with my son.

correcaminos

How strict out the restaurants with the kids meal.

My daughter will be 10 when we go and the food on the kids menu is all she needs for a meal.

Will we be able to purchase her meals of the kids menu?
We specifically asked the server at Sanaa about this since they serve a unique kid's meal - naan pizza (pizza on naan dough) and she told us anyone can order fro the kids meal.

I've done it in the past as well for myself because I am a small eater. I have asked and not been denied. I often get a similar meal as an adult meal, but smaller portions. Ii also have split meals without an issue as well as getting appetizers only for a meal.

That's not true at the table service location (although counter service is fine). I'm sure you'll find some who will do it, but not as a general rule. That said though, I doubt the OP will have issue with it at age 10 (unless it's all you can eat or a buffet).
I would say being denied would be more of the exception to the rule than the other way around. I have asked many servers at may locations over a couple decades and have always received the same answer. The only thing is they *might* add an extra charge to the meal. They will not deny someone from ordering food though. This is the experience of an adult doing it for 20 years now.

Now a buffet, you cannot get the kid price for 10 or over. That's the only thing they will never budge on

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom