Keys to the Kingdom

Alexandra

Original Poster
Has anyone ever gone on the Keys to the Kingdom tour? We're considering booking it but want to know if it's worth it. After all, we're leaving in 20 days, 0 hours, 27 minutes and 40 seconds so we're in active trip planning mode.. Yay! :sohappy:

Pioneer Hall

I took the tour last year, and it was great! There is so much to see and learn, and you really get a new view of the magic kingdom. I would recommend it to any Disney fan.

Kadee

Is that one of the tours with the age limit? My daughter is 15, so everytime we have been before, she was too young to go on the cool ones that we wanted to see.

Alexandra

Original Poster
The most recent info I have (2003) is that it's $58 per person and it includes lunch. There's a discount for passholders. I figure in 2004 it's a couple of dollars more.

Kadee, the age limit is 16. Since your daughter is 15 that will just give you another reason to return to WDW next year!

barnum42

Alexandra said:
The most recent info I have (2003) is that it's $58 per person and it includes lunch. There's a discount for passholders. I figure in 2004 it's a couple of dollars more.

Kadee, the age limit is 16. Since your daughter is 15 that will just give you another reason to return to WDW next year!
I don't see Disney turning down good money. Are they going to ID a fifteen year old? I would doubt it. Can anyone verify if this would be the case?

krafty

You also get the 15% discount if you book using a Disney Visa card. We're doing both Keys and Backstage Safari at AK when we go in November.

DiPSU224

I highly recommend this tour! We had so much fun when we did it in May. If you don't know too much about Disney trivia and about Walt Disney himself, you'll get lots of facts and stories as well as a behind the scences look at the MK. We had a great tour guide, Fred, who had 20+ years as a CM. As far as your daughter being 15, they might check the ID. When you book your tour, they will tell you on the phone that every person taking the tour will need ID. I remember that they did check ours when we checked in. Maybe they will give you a break if you tell the person you book the trip with that your daughter is 15. Good luck and have fun! :)

evilchild666

Alexandra said:

nope, just booked the tour for the 14th and it is still $58. :)

AEfx

barnum42 said:
I don't see Disney turning down good money. Are they going to ID a fifteen year old? I would doubt it. Can anyone verify if this would be the case?

They ID everyone - one of the requirements to go to the backstage portion of the tour is a valid photo ID.

AEfx

Simba One

Highly recommend Keys tour!

We also went on the Keys tour last year and it was probably the best decision we made the whole week. Our guide was fun because she both loved Disney and was disgruntled with the way things are being done these days--she really gave us some behind the scenes dirt that had nothing to do with the "official" tour. That made it feel like we were in on things that nobody else was in on!

She took us through exits and around lines to get onto Pirates and Haunted Mansion, went backstage to see the Spectromagic and Share a Dream floats up close, pointed out hidden Mickeys and other Disney trivia, and even took us into the utilidors. She kind of made fun of that because they are basically just hallways--she didn't see what the big deal was. Lunch was great at the Columbia Harbor House and we got a unique gift there. They had the food waiting for us at the tables and seated us upstairs where nobody else was being seated...they used this time to continue the tour by answering questions.

BTW, the reservation person told us that we could not bring cameras. However, when we got there, the guide told some people that they could keep them as long as they didn't take any backstage pictures. We wished that we had brought ours for the on-stage portions of the tour.

Have a great time--we did! :)

Kadee

Great info! Thanks!! We are planning to go back either summer '05 or Thanksgiving '05. My daughter turns 16 in Jan '05, so she will be able to do this! I can't wait! We get out of school for Mardi Gras (Feb'05) so we may ahve to take a short trip down earlier than expected.

saltmom1

Do they ID everyone going into the parks with a photo ID ? I know you should have a license or other photo ID as an adult. What about the kids ? We are travelling with a 13 and 14 year old. Thanks.:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom