Keys to the Kingdom or Segway?

sleepybear

This year we're planning on taking either the Keys to the Kingdom Tour or the Segway Tour at Epcot. I doubt we have time for both of time, so we must choose. Anyone have recommendations about them, pro or con?

We definitely know we're doing the Animal Kingdom special safari eligible to concierge guests, so if anyone has thoughts on that, too, feel free to share.

BrerPete

We did the Backstage Safari and it was great, so assume the concierge tour is even better. We got to see the baby elephant Tufani before anyone else on that tour. Plus we petted a Black Rhino.

Upvote 0

Aurora_25

I've never done the Segway tour so I can't really comment on that- I have however done the Keys to the Kingdom and LOVED it. It was a great tour and I learned a little bit about everything honestly. You get to see a portion of the backstage and you learn alot of "trivia" and stuff- pretty neat. I have heard that the segway tour is pretty cool too, I just haven't done it. You will love the Keys to the Kingdom if you chose that one :)

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Keys can be long and hot, but entirely worth doing.

Why not tack the Segway tour onto the start of your Epcot day? It's only a few hours long and when World Showcase opens it ends.

Upvote 0

Cricket2713

I've done both the Keys to the Kingdom Tour and the Segway Tour. Both were great. :sohappy:
If you are interested in learning more about Disney and the Magic Kingdom in general than I would go with Keys to the Kingdom. Bear in mind though that this is a several hours long walking tour and can be very tiring.
But if you are more of an adventure nut and love to play with neat gadgets than try the Segway. Zooming around the World Showcase through all the countries was a blast. Just a word of warning they can crash. One of the people I went with lost control when a lady with a baby carriage walked in front of her and my friend crashed the Segway into a wall and fell off. SHe was bruised but after a quick check at the First Aid station she got back on and finished the tour.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I've done the Segway Tour, but not the Keys, although I've done several of the walking tours. like Cricket said, the Keys tour will be about learning all about Disney and how they do stuff. The Segway is all about having fun on a cool gaget.

We loved the Segway so much, we're doing it again this year.

As far as the AKL tour, are you doing the Sunrise or Sunset? If you are doing the Sunrise, they it a specal extended version of the AK Safari ride. No Disney story, lot's of stops and picture taking, a personal guide, and a great breakfast afterward.

The Sunset is even better, but it's all at the AKL.

Neither is anything like Backstage Safari, but that too is a great tour as well.

Upvote 0

Badger Brent

Another vote for keys tour. If I were you I would eventually also do the segway. Even though I knew a lot of the disney info, it was still fun to do the tour and see what is backstage and hidden from the guest.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
TOTguest1127 said:
How much is the segway tour? And what do you get to see on it?

There are now two Segway tour types.

Around the World at Epcot - on a Segway! $80. Two hour tour. First hour is spent learning how to ride it. The second hour is spent zipping around World Showcase on them. :D

Simply Segway Experience Epcot $45. One hour training course on how to ride a Segway. This one never leaves the building, no outdoor riding.

Upvote 0
AkiraRaptor said:
There are now two Segway tour types.

Around the World at Epcot - on a Segway! $80. Two hour tour. First hour is spent learning how to ride it. The second hour is spent zipping around World Showcase on them. :D

Simply Segway Experience Epcot $45. One hour training course on how to ride a Segway. This one never leaves the building, no outdoor riding.

Thanks for the info! This def sounds like something I want to do next time!

Upvote 0

sleepybear

Original Poster
Even though it's obviously popular and it sounds like I'd love it, we've decided against the Keys to the Kingdom tour, only because of its length. We'll be there for only four and a half days, and devoting four hours of that to a tour is something time just won't allow. As for Segway, we still might do it early on our Epcot day. Last year, we saw them all scooting along from the monorail and I was so jealous.

Upvote 0

SANDKRUSER

Last year we did the Segway - Around the World - really enjoyed it!!! I'm 52, and not very coordinated but had no problem riding it. My husband and son had a ball - we're going to do it again this year. I definitely would do the one outside - you get to go through all the countries when no one is in the park - over the bridges at Japan and weave through the different paths - the guides tell you interesting trivia - it was a great experience. You get a 15% discount if you have an AP. Last year I used my Disney Visa and got a 15% discount for all of us. It's really fun to come back over the International Bridge before they let the ropes down into England - all the people are standing there and they all make comments about how cool it looks and want to know where they find out information about it. It was really fun. They stop for a short break at one point and let you take pictures - I had my camcorder and one of the guides took some footage of us riding around.

Upvote 0

soccer9miahamm

We did the Segway tour and it was amazing! We got to learn different things about the countries that you wouldn't normally know, and the segway was a lot of fun. I don't know about the Keys to the Kingdom tour, but I would do the Segway tour again in a heartbeat.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
SANDKRUSER said:
Last year I used my Disney Visa and got a 15% discount for all of us.

That discount is still available when using the Disney Visa, well, it was when I reserved it a few weeks ago for our October trip.

Upvote 0

DicksonGR

I just booked the segway tour tonight for my holiday in September and they stated that the age limit is 16 and you have to be between 100 - 250 pounds.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom