Kelly & Johnny D's Wacky Disney Hijinx! Day 6

Monday 8/16

We got ready and we headed to Magic Kingdom to see the opening ceremony which I had not seen before. On our way over to MK we got to sit up front in the monorail for the first time! Our driver didn’t speak to us, probably because we’re old, but it was so neat to see. Another dose of Disney magic for us! When we got there we caught the end of zip a dee doo da and Mickey came out and said hello with the characters on the train, very cute. We got into the park and tried to ride Space Mountain, yes I know, very dumb to go right. Figured that out quick but the line for Buzz was nonexistent so we went on that a couple times. John beat me the first time but I had a meltdown ½ way through because he turned the car when I was aiming for something so he said that I have to control the cart the next time. We got out and the CM asked who won, I pointed to him, she gave him the lanyard to check the wait time and told him congrats, give this to the ride op inside. I won the second time, only because the ride stopped and I was in prime fighting position but hey, he was in the same spot too ;) so when we came out he looked annoyed and the ride op looked at us again and I pointed at myself and raised my arms in victory and she started laughing. Then we walked back to Main Street to get a cinnamon bun, so huge but very tasty and headed to Frontierland via the train. While waiting for the train we were entertained by the country bears and their own wacky hijinx with the guests down below. We got to ride Splash 3 times! This was great because it was already so hot out. But we were lucky because we didn’t get too wet. GTMRR was out of commission. So the line piled up fast and we got out of there and headed over to the Country Bear Jamboree. I never really listened to the words before, it’s a little racy! The ride operator here thanked us for being the only ones in the place to be courteous and move all the way down and told us to pick a better spot since the theater wasn’t filled. I thought this was funny because people at Fantasmic, Philharmagic, all the other 3D shows and this always seemed to be oblivious to the poor CMs yelling please move all the way down! There’s always that family that sits wherever they please. I love this show for some reason, it’s just too cute. But not as cute after listening to the words in the song! Hahaha Especially the bear who sings there was blood all around but never explains what he’s talking about. Very odd. When we got out of there it was time for lunch so we went to Pecos Bill’s. They have a great room to sit in that is in the back and looks like you are outside in Mexico with lanterns above, very nice to sit down and have a meal in there. John had the double burger and I had the regular burger with a side of pickles  We went on pirates and the treehouse then headed over to our resort for more pool time at the Mayan Pyramid. I am surprised by how hot it was out, but in the Jacuzzi it’s not that bad. It was actually relaxing and nice for my feet at this point. JD thought so too. We laid by the pool for about an hour and a half, JD napped and I fell asleep in the sun too at one point, very dangerous in FL but I didn’t burn, actually I had a nice tan! We also were the only adults in the time I was there to ride the slide. Come on old people like us; don’t pretend you weren’t jealous when we were zipping down the slide with glee. When we got back to the room we were shocked that it was already 5pm, we had planned on being out the door by 5 so we hurried as fast as we could and went over to Epcot. We wandered the countries and John yet another chicken sandwich from America. I went to China and got the steak and rice bowl which was spicy but I really liked it. Then we wandered through the shops in China, Germany and Italy. In Germany, they had a stuffed animal guinea pig, which I’d never seen. I wanted to make sure that’s what it was because the tag was in German but they had no idea what it translated to in English. She was like, um… a hamster, but bigger than a hamster. That’s a guinea pig! Almost bought it for my little schmiglets at home but it was a bit too $$ for a teeny stuffed animal. We got back to our spot in Germany for Illuminations. Another great show, then we headed over to Jelly Rolls! We had parked at the Boardwalk so I went back and changed in the car. Have to look nice on a night out. If you haven’t been to Jelly Rolls, it’s the best night time entertainment on all of Disney property and this is coming from a CP who got in free to PI every Thursday night. It’s 21+ and they have two dueling piano players that will play just about anything you want to hear. We requested Toto’s Africa and they knew it! Hahaha what a random song to know (or to request ;) ) There was a huge group in front of us who we thought were a wedding. People just kept adding on, they had at least 30 people with them all sitting up front. Well they started talking to us and offering to buy us drinks because they were using a couple of the chairs at our table which we declined but what a nice offer! We found out later that they were there for WORK with their entire company down there for meetings. NICE. The piano players are awesome and do a great job of involving the audience. We did the Time Warp from Rocky Horror and they even played some Sir Mix a Lot which was the highlight of the evening. We left at about 1am because we wanted to be up early for our last 2 days in the World. Vacation depression has hit full force and I can’t seem to stop saying “I don’t want to go home” to which JD replies “well, if you can find a job down here…” and he’s serious. Anyone hiring???

Next up… Tonga Toast, Animal Kingdom, an almost brush with the pavement and double the Fantasmic!

More hijinx on day 7
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=43581

Nice detailed report.

I love challenging my fiancee on Buzz Lightyear, so far I have been the victor everytime (gotta love the bonus points). So I can definitely relate to your competitiveness on that ride, very fun!

kellydisney

Original Poster
I always lose... I blame it on my arthritic thumb (which I don't have...) hehe Love the new photos they added, we always look so determined lol

Underdog

Opening Ceremony @ Magic Kingdom

It's my family's first time going to Disney (18 days to go) with my nieces and nephew and I want to make it as special as possible. (My husband and I have been a few times) In your message you mentioned you saw the Opening Ceremony @ MK. I've never heard of this before. :( What is it and how do I attend?

Your messages have been great! Thanks for sharing. :wave:

kellydisney

Original Poster
Hi Underdog,

The opening ceremony I think starts at 7:45am. I found out the hard way and missed it! So 15 minutes before the park opening be sure to be at the front gate to MK and not on the monorail or boat! (like we were) It's just a little singing celebration and the characters drive in on the train. It's very cute :) Thanks for reading!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom