Kelly & Johnny D. "Pop" into Disney 9/2-9/12 Day 6

Day 6 Wednesday 9/7

So Katrina was knocking on our door and sitting just outside of Orlando at this point. While the sky was cloudy, there was no rain and it was still hot. So we decided, what the heck, let’s go to Blizzard Beach! Worst that could happen is we get the rain pass vouchers again! And I wouldn’t say no to those! We got there and went straight to the ski lift. We only ride it once per trip because the line is usually really long. We got to the top and went down the lesser of the two highest slides. It wacked my butt the whole way down and I hate it. But I HAD to see what my time was on Summit Plummet. JD went down first and assured me it wasn’t that bad. So I did it on the sole premise that I would get a timed run. Of course the timer was out and I got no time!! So I HAD to do it again!! At this point my but was stinging really bad and I looked abused. But I had to do it. I went down and got a time of 54. John got 52 and 56. I was really hurting for a few days after that. I think it bruised my behind. I hate the slapping action of the water. I actually was gritting my teeth and screaming because it hurt so bad, not because I was scared!! (ok… the first time I was scared… but still!) Then we went on the family raft ride. I love this ride!!! It is so great and if you have a group of friends in the boat it’s the most fun when you all lean and jump into the corners. Our raft has come up over the markings before. But I shouldn’t advocate that to the kids, don’t do this at home. There, cleared conscience. Hehe The wave pool at Blizzard Beach is nothing in comparison to Typhoon Lagoon. We went in it for a total of 5 minutes and then on to the next best thing, the lazy river! I love Blizzard Beach too. Disney water parks are amazing. I’m really sad that I never go the opportunity to visit River Country. They closed it down after my semester with the mouse.

We ate lunch at Lottawotta Lodge, where JD worked during the college program. BB brings back really great memories for him. Mostly of getting out early when in the fall/winter it’s not as full. He knows the days he’d get out just by looking at the level of parking at certain times and announces it every time we pull into the parking lot… “Yup, today I would have went home”. He’s a hard and dedicated worker, my man ;). After lunch we went on a few more rides, we love the enclosed slide and the single rider tubes. The stairs are a pain and I do feel bad for those who are out of shape. There were many people stopping to catch their breath. I do think the stairs are dangerous because they are so long and you are carrying a tube. I wonder why they don’t have a tube lift so that you can walk up and get the tube up there? I still love those 3 slides. We also walk to the top of all the other slides. Like I said, we only use the chair lift once per trip. So I feel like BB day is about the most strenuous “workout” anyone will ever get in the parks!

This whole time the weather was great! It was sunny and didn’t sprinkle at all. We left around 3pm and then it started to rain! So we took a break to get dressed. Our dinner that evening was in Le Cellier in the Canada Pavilion. We waited out the rain a little and went to Canada. We did ride Soarin before dinner. We love Le Cellier. My only complaint is the fact that a table for 2 is always RIGHT ON TOP OF each other. It felt like we were dining with the people next to us and at one point we were talking to each other. Very weird and not romantic. But the room is romantic and dark and just a great atmosphere. Check out my dining review at the end for more detail on the food!!

After dinner it was still raining so we donned ponchos like the rest of the fashionistas in Disney and headed to MK which was having Extra Magic Hours. This was the first night we finally got to watch Wishes in the park in front of the castle. After the fireworks we headed to the Haunted Mansion. As we were walking in there was NO ONE in line. So we walked right in and the CM was really into his “spooky” role and just kept staring me down and walking toward me and around me. OK I was freaked. Then there were like 10 people in the screening room. The lights go out, then the scream and JD grabs be and lifts me up in the dark and I scream so loud the lights go on and people are staring at me. I of course feel bad b/c there are kids in the room and I hoped I didn’t scare them but it was pretty funny in hindsight. Then we get into our doombuggy and another male CM is staring me down as he walks along the belt. I must have looked like a prime target. Then as we turned the corner to go into the hallway scene, he jumps around to my side of the doombuggy (inside) and goes BOO! Really loud and all I was thinking of at the time was the picture that someone put on this board of the little boy in the car (ghost) and so I screamed so LOUD. I was petrified that he was going to do it again somewhere else in the ride so I rode in sheer terror of being terrified again lol if that makes any sense at all!! Probably the scariest encounter with the Haunted Mansion I’ve ever had, including the Halloween Party when the Mansion is dressed up even spookier and the CMs actually look like corpses!!

We rode space mountain, the teacups, pooh, dumbo, thunder mountain, splash and then we decided it was time to call it a night. We took our time going through the shops down Main Street. My mom really wanted a new Mickey tshirt and I wanted to choose the perfect gift for our new niece Emma (well she’s 1.5 but she’s still new to us!) So I was looking carefully through everything all week for both of those items.

Another fantastic and exhausting day :) I love being a Disney commando! However, vacation depression started to set in. It always does on a Wednesday even though we were staying to the following Monday. I hate that feeling and I feel like I bummed away alot of my vacation bumming myself out about going home. Next time I'm not going to think about it as much!

Next up: Dinner in Italy and drinking around the world!

On to day 7!

RealHawker

I want to drink around the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**jealous**

I loved the dining plan myself, and I am awaiting your dining review.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom