Keeping the Magic Alive

WDWJunkie

Banned
Original Poster
For those of you out there who may work at WDW or are very frequent visitors, does the 'Disney magic' ever kind of wane for you due to how often you're there? If it does, how does the magic come alive again for you? Unfortunately for me, I live far enough way not to be able to go as often as I'd like, yet each time I am able to go, it's as magical and enjoyable as my very first visit. I was just wondering if you CMs (or AP holders) find it less magical than the average (less frequent) visitor.

Sir Hiss527

Now I don't work for Disney or anything, but I am a very frequent visitor. It really dosn't ever get old, not the parades, but the rides do seem to get a little boring every once in a while.

-Sir Hiss527-

"Stop Hissing in my Ear":king:

KathyG/poohbear

Nah, after a year of having APs and visiting 4 times...I could still go every vacation. I still cry when I see the castle and get so excited I can't sleep.

tigsmom

I've been to WDW 6 times and have yet to see everything...we never get bored and always hit our fav rides and then try something new each trip.

AddyL

Just got back from my 9th trip, and I always see something new...This trip, I saw Cinderella's Surprise Celebration, Tarzan Rocks, the Conservation Station, and the new Journey into Imagination for the first time. This was the first time I ever went shopping at Downtown Disney! Great stuff!

Also there are often surprise encounters...new street performers, a character you haven't met before...one of my all-time favorite Disney memories is an encounter with a talking trash can in tomorrowland!

Even on attractions that I've been on 100+ times, I usually notice some detail that I hadn't seen before. Especially attractions like Haunted Mansion or Splash mountain that have a lot of animatronics.

You just have to keep your eyes and ears open to the magic! :)

dreamer

The "magic" exists even when you're not at Disney World. It's a belief that the human imagination can rise above circumstances to see the beauty and joy in life. It's a celebration of that imagination and the hope that it will go on. It's the enjoyment of sharing those hopes and dreams and fantasies with one another, especially with the ones we love. Disney World can inspire that "magic" but only each individual can find it within themselves.

If you are able, the magic will always be there.

Mission: SPACE

Well... here's my opinion:

I've been to Disney more times than I can count... I've been going since I was a baby, at least 5 times a year... I'm 16 now, so that would mean I've been there about 70-75 times, minimum.
After that many trips, and that many times on your way to the parks, I personally must say that, yes, the magic has faded. Maybe it had something to do with me going into my teenage years and becoming more of an adult than a kid, but I still see a difference.

Now you ask, how do I get the magic back? I sit on a bench on a not-to-crowded path (if possible) and simply watch people pass. I know this might sound a little weird, but to watch a true tourist family, with dad in the lead and mom in tow with the kids, looking at their park maps upside down in frustration not being able to find 'the Pooh Ride' seems to bring some warmth into me. Just to sit and watch people having a good time CAN really be rewarding... try it for yourself if you're a frequent visitor!!! ;)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
the magic is definitely gone for me.. :(

I honestly haven't felt it since I saw Share a Dream Come True during cast previews

tigsmom

Originally posted by mktiggerman
the magic is definitely gone for me.. :(

I honestly haven't felt it since I saw Share a Dream Come True during cast previews

I'm sorry...do you think you will get it back or is it time to move on?

I always thought if I lived closer I would go all the time. Everyone tells me it would lose it's appeal.
Maybe one day I'll get to find out.

mandib

I've been there 6 times. I still can't wait. There's always something new and like someone else said you look for detail in things or I try to find hidden mickeys. I mean sure after you've been through the rides a few million times it's not the same thrill but it's still Disney magic!

Mission: SPACE

Originally posted by tigsmom
I always thought if I lived closer I would go all the time. Everyone tells me it would lose it's appeal.
Maybe one day I'll get to find out.

I live an hour and a half away and go pretty often... It's like I said... after a while, living so close and going so often, you lose that initial feeling, but I still find the magic in others and enjoy it myself. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom