Keep up the good fight!

jgage66

Original Poster
I am a rookie posting on this board, but I have been following you all for quite a few years. After just returning from a week in Disney World, I wanted to jump on here and see what everyone is talking about. I have noticed alot of negativity from long time members on changes to the World and or lack of changes that need to be made. I understand your frustration since you obviously love Disney World and want to protect it's legacy.

Our family has been to DW quite a few times over the last 15 years and I can see as well as anyone else that changes need to be made. Rides are falling apart. Splash Mountain is down, there is netting all over the Tree of Life, and that damn Yeti. We rode Everest twice last week and none of us even saw the yeti due to the stupid disco lights blinding us. And don't even think about getting me going on all the empty buildings at Epcot.

Cost's are waaaay up. Anyone with half a brain can see that Disney management is starting to price their parks out of the average families budget for vacations.

But yet, we all keep going back. For me, it is playing checkers with my son on Main Street or hearing my daughter scream as we drop in ToT. It is stupid things, like the smell of the chlorine water on Pirates. It is my moment of homeostasis (those of you in the medical field will understand the term) after Illuminations when the lights are down and everyone is running out of Epcot for the tram's. I can sit on a bench in that wonderful warm air and listen to Tapestry of Dreams.

Disney World can create moments of pure magic. It can also be frustrating to see the updates that need to be made. From this rookie to all you veterans of this board, I salute you. Hopefully, with pressure from us normal folk, management will remember what a magical place Disney World can be and return it to it's former glory.

DisneyDebNJ

Firstly, @jgage66, welcome to the boards!!!! And yes, just about all of us here, visit Disney for the same reasons, reliving our childhoods through our children, reliving our children's childhoods, introducing the love of of Disney to our grandchildren. Disney knows no age limit, and the real world seems miles away. You are 100% right, its the little things, that we can't experience anywhere else. Once again, welcome!!!!!

ExtinctJenn

This is such a great post and welcome to the boards! I feel exactly as you do. A lifetime of WDW trips and yes, I am disappointed at the things that are in need of attention but so blown away but everything they are doing at the same time. The little disappointments won't keep my family from going; In fact we are experiencing major withdrawal because it's been over a year since our last trip. For us it's the little things like you mentioned... the biggest being seeing my son experience new things as he grows and gets taller or seeing him with the characters and how, even though he knows they are just people in costume, he is just delighted to be standing there with them. It's the feeling I get when I first step onto Mainstreet and the magic fills my soul. It's seeing my 41 year old husband having just as much fun as our son. To me, the magic is the feeling it creates for each of us and the memories we take with us when we leave.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom