News Kali River Rapids closing for refurbishment in January 2023

JohnD

According to the refurbishment calendar, Kali River Rapids will be closed for refurbishment beginning January 9th. No end date is currently shown as it shows closed as far as the calendar currently goes.
Or as Inside the Magic would put it, "Kali River Rapids to close indefinitely on January 9, 2023". The usual misleading headline with no context. They're all clickbait these days.

VJ

Or as Inside the Magic would put it, "Kali River Rapids to close indefinitely on January 9, 2023". The usual misleading headline with no context. They're all clickbait these days.
makes me wonder why "the site that should not be named" is banned from this forum but not the one constantly peddling clickbait and misinformation 🤔

por que no los dos?

JohnD

makes me wonder why "the site that should not be named" is banned from this forum but not the one constantly peddling clickbait and misinformation 🤔

por que no los dos?
Well, ITM doesn't outright "lie". The headlines are definite clickbait but you have to scroll through most of the story until you find the actual truth nugget. I know less about the site that shall not be named but they're reputation isn't exactly stellar.

JohnD

Even better. LOL. (I can't link to it. You'll just have look it up)

Divisive Disney World Ride Closing Next Year​

Last edited:

VJ

BTW, had to look up your Spanish. The only Spanish I know is, "¡Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!"
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Any chance they'll use this opportunity to turn Kali into a decent-length rapids ride?
If only. Worst rapids ride in all of Florida. At this point I'd even sacrifice it to the temple gods and let IP take over, Indiana Jones or really anything. Jungle Book remains under-represented. Kali is such a sorry rapids ride. Lengthen, new effects. Give it something.

ToTBellHop

If only. Worst rapids ride in all of Florida. At this point I'd even sacrifice it to the temple gods and let IP take over, Indiana Jones or really anything. Jungle Book remains under-represented. Kali is such a sorry rapids ride. Lengthen, new effects. Give it something.
I would even accept AA tigers.

Epcot82Guy

If the extended the first half toward Savannah Dr., maybe through temple ruins with some various squirting elements - and then added more significant underwater barriers - that would do wonders. A bit issue with Kali is the materials used to create the rapids. They are far too small and flexible to create more significant turbulence. So, while family friendly, it's also boring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom