Just switched to Whispering Canyon...

rufio

Original Poster
...from The Wave. We have a day at IOA and are having dinner back at the World. I had booked The Wave since we're staying at BLT, but after reading some comments here I switched to Whispering Canyon. I figured we'll take a boat over. The desserts and drinks look amazing! And I figured it would appeal to my fiance's Alaskan roots ;)

So... what are the opinions of the experts on Whispering Canyon?

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
...from The Wave. We have a day at IOA and are having dinner back at the World. I had booked The Wave since we're staying at BLT, but after reading some comments here I switched to Whispering Canyon. I figured we'll take a boat over. The desserts and drinks look amazing! And I figured it would appeal to my fiance's Alaskan roots ;)

Get the Skillet!!!!! :D

Tim_4

What time are you going? IMO, Whispering Canyon is lousy at "in between" meal periods like 2:00-5:00 or after 7:30. It's very noisy and it's one of the restaurants where the servers are "in character" and give you a hard time about asking for ketchup or drinking your drink too fast. If the restaurant is empty like in many of the slower times, the show loses it's effect because, though the waiters try, there just aren't enough people for the energy level to really pick up.

Get the Skillet!!!!! :D

And extra corn bread.

rufio

Original Poster
What time are you going? IMO, Whispering Canyon is lousy at "in between" meal periods like 2:00-5:00 or after 7:30. It's very noisy and it's one of the restaurants where the servers are "in character" and give you a hard time about asking for ketchup or drinking your drink too fast. If the restaurant is empty like in many of the slower times, the show loses it's effect because, though the waiters try, there just aren't enough people for the energy level to really pick up.

Our reservation is for Tuesday at 7:15. I figured that would give us time to get back from IOA and take the boat over.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
They're probably both good. 6:30 might be better. The only time I've been and it was just SUPER awkwardly empty was at like 2:15 in the middle of October.

May be more people there at 6:30? ESP if we arrive soon after 6??

coachwnh

ate there twice and had fun both times, and yes, i recommend the skillet!!!!!

PolynesianPrincess

We ate there May of last year, I think our ADR was something like 8pm and the servers were still full in character and the place was full. Th food was good and we had a blast.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
This place is definitely a trip if you've never been. The experience can go either way. If the servers are hyped and in full character it can be a great experience. Hopefully you're not easily embarresed.
We used to go every year but it's one thats dropped in favor of new places.....The Wave being one of them;)

Personally we've had great meals at the Wave and love the place and believe the food is well above what you get at WC-- but with that being said - if it's between the Wave and the first time experience of Whispering Canyon - I think you made the right choice.

disney magic 06

We went at 8pm and it was very busy and great fun. However my reserved friend was scared and refuses to go ever again, although the servers were brilliant and sensed his fear and left him well alone. He was just scared of what MIGHT happen!

I'm gutted as I thought the food was good (I had the skillet) and the atmospere fab.

gccgrad1996

Great choice!! One place we must eat at every year when we go!! Definitely go with the skillet and if the waiter asks if you would like a little more to drink say yes. It is very cute what they did for us the last time we were there.

jlsHouston

We love Whispering Canyon! It's one of our favorite meals and one we do every trip. You'll love it! (Order the Skillet!)

based on reviews on AllEars I booked us a dinner at 6:30 on a Wed evening . I am very excited for this dining experience. We always do alot of character dining I thought this trip we are going to try some new experiences!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom