Just returned from Disneyland

My family and myself recently returned from our first trip to Disneyland in about 20 years. While I will be writing my trip report over the next few days, I wanted to share a few observations. As a seasoned WDW visitor (Once a year for a while now), I wasn't sure what to expect when I ventured to Southern California. What I got was very different from the Florida parks, but a welcomed surprise in many ways.

World of Color blew me away. I am not a fan of big shows, but I was very impressed.

As a traveler with a 2 year old, going to a theme park that was very compact was a huge blessing. We were able to walk to the parks from our hotel (Anabella) in 15 minutes and walk between attractions in about 5. Though the compactness of the parks produced some major traffic jams (mostly Disneyland), the benefit of having everything close together outweighed it.

I'm looking forward to reviewing my pictures and posting over the next few days.

jharvey

I've never been to DL and, with geography being what it is, will probably never go. I do go to WDW fairly regularly. All things being equal, I drop $10k on you for a Disney vacation. You heading West or East.

Upvote 0

JoMarch

For myself, I've been to both places. I like each one for different reasons. So I'm splitting the 10K and going to BOTH places!!

Upvote 0
Growing up on the east coast- I have always gone to Disney world and never thought of going to Disneyland. I now live in California 45 minutes from Disneyland and have been a few times. I would have to say if I am given 10K- I would hands down go east!!!!!
I liked Disneyland, but it is no where near the same feeling I get when I go to the world. As soon as I drive under those signs- Walt Disney World- where dreams come true- it's a feeling I can't describe.
I didn't get that same feeling going to Disneyland. I do have to agree it is very convenient to walk everywhere- DD, both parks and to your hotel. World of Color was pretty amazing too. But to me I prefer Disney World.
21 days till I am there.:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom