Just got back from our first use of Fastpass+ and...

musketeer

Original Poster
...I thought it was fine. I definitely liked being able to have fastpasses "in hand" so to speak when the park opened. I also liked not having to hold on to the pieces of paper or the inevitable problem with the machine. I really liked being able to rather easily change the time or attraction.

Of course the limit of 3 is not the best, and I also don't like being unable to make a change once the first one was used. And the tiered thing kind of screwed us up a bit.

We didn't have any problems at any point. The phone app is kind of slow and non-responsive at times. I found that just using my 4G service was better than using the wifi.

I did really like the magic bands. Very cool. Like a wear-able, beefed up, key to the world. Room key, credit card, park ticket, fast pass, photo pass, dining plan, car design "holder" for test track...etc.

The posts i've seen about the horrors of fast pass plus were not seen by us in any way. We did stay on-site and I did do all the planning before hand. But, as I said, of the 4 days we were there, I made changes every single day to our fastpass plan. At no point did I need to use the kiosk with the people using the tablets.

Also I did not winnie the pooh running empty for 15 minutes.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the rumor is true about paying more for more fastpasses. Because I for sure would myself.

stevehousse

Have not heard about not being able to make changes to your FP picks once the first one is used?!? We were able to do that in November when we used the new system. If we go to our FP ride and the line was short, we would just do standby and change it to another attraction?

musketeer

Original Poster
If we go to our FP ride and the line was short, we would just do standby and change it to another attraction?

We did that too...until like I said we had already used the first one of the day. Then I would get the message on my phone something like, "fastpass already redeemed for the day" or something like that.

stevehousse

We did that too...until like I said we had already used the first one of the day. Then I would get the message on my phone something like, "fastpass already redeemed for the day" or something like that.
Might be a system glitch? As long as the FP u r tryin to switch isn't used already, u should have no problem switching it, whether it is your first or last pass.

stevehousse

Wanted to add that as long as the time frame for the FP u r trying to switch isn't "expired", u should b good to switch! If it expires, u won't be able to go in and switch and thats when u would get that message!

durangojim

Wanted to add that as long as the time frame for the FP u r trying to switch isn't "expired", u should b good to switch! If it expires, u won't be able to go in and switch and thats when u would get that message!
This was our experience too a couple of weeks ago. I was able to switch my FPs without any time constraint.

flynnibus

Premium Member

once you've used one.. you can't switch which park you are using them in, but you can switch future FPs in the same park.

musketeer

Original Poster
once you've used one.. you can't switch which park you are using them in, but you can switch future FPs in the same park.

Well, that's not what happened to me. For example, Soarin' at 1200, Living with the land at 1, spaceship earth at 3. Once we got off of soarin, I tried to see if I could change the living with the land fastpass because it wasn't busy, and I was unable to make any changes to that one, even though it was before 1pm.

It didn't really affect us that much, it wasn't terribly busy to begin with.

stevehousse

Well, that's not what happened to me. For example, Soarin' at 1200, Living with the land at 1, spaceship earth at 3. Once we got off of soarin, I tried to see if I could change the living with the land fastpass because it wasn't busy, and I was unable to make any changes to that one, even though it was before 1pm.

Should have seeked out a CM, as that shouldnt happen. You would be able to change that living wih the land up until 159 if u wanted! U just experienced a glitch, that's all!

Karenb64

I have a trip planned for June so have been researching all of this. The"Terms & Conditions" on the Disney website state: "You may modify the entire FP+ experience set until the first FP+ is used or the first unused experience expires." This confuses me because it seems the only important part of this statement is the last part saying "or the first unused experience expires." Is the first part of the statement indicating that if you have not modified your original experience set before your first FP'ed experience than you can not make changes to any of it? The experiences of the two posters I've quoted make me wonder if this is the case. The T&C statement goes on to say that "You may also modify any unused individual FP+ experiences any time prior to the end of the day." Is "unused"the same as "expired"? If you miss one of your selected FP's can you modify the time for that experience or make a different selection all together?

stevehousse

I have a trip planned for June so have been researching all of this. The"Terms & Conditions" on the Disney website state: "You may modify the entire FP+ experience set until the first FP+ is used or the first unused experience expires." This confuses me because it seems the only important part of this statement is the last part saying "or the first unused experience expires." Is the first part of the statement indicating that if you have not modified your original experience set before your first FP'ed experience than you can not make changes to any of it? The experiences of the two posters I've quoted make me wonder if this is the case. The T&C statement goes on to say that "You may also modify any unused individual FP+ experiences any time prior to the end of the day." Is "unused"the same as "expired"? If you miss one of your selected FP's can you modify the time for that experience or make a different selection all together?
Here's an example:
I'm at the magic kingdom and I have FP+ scheduled for the following

Peter Pan 12-1
Splash mountain 2-3
Haunted Mansion 4-5

Once I use that first FP for Peter Pan, I am locked into using FP for only magic kingdom. You wouldn't be able to hop to another park and change the other 2 you have left for rides at let's say Epcot.

Now it's time for splash mountain, but the line is only a 15 min wait. I don't want to use that FP with such a short wait, so I'm going to do the stand by line and change it to big thunder mountain. The time is 230, so I can still change my FP to a different ride no problem, because the splash pass has not expired.

Now let's say for some reason I wasn't able to even get to splash at the 2-3pm time slot, and it's now 330. You will not be able to go back and change that FP you missed at all! It has expired. Your out of luck. Now if I would have switched it before it had expired, it wouldn't be a problem.

Hope that helps! I believe what the OP stated was a glitch that happened to him. He should have had no problem changing it! If this happens to u, seek out a cm for help!

Karenb64

Here's an example:
I'm at the magic kingdom and I have FP+ scheduled for the following

Peter Pan 12-1
Splash mountain 2-3
Haunted Mansion 4-5

Once I use that first FP for Peter Pan, I am locked into using FP for only magic kingdom. You wouldn't be able to hop to another park and change the other 2 you have left for rides at let's say Epcot.

Now it's time for splash mountain, but the line is only a 15 min wait. I don't want to use that FP with such a short wait, so I'm going to do the stand by line and change it to big thunder mountain. The time is 230, so I can still change my FP to a different ride no problem, because the splash pass has not expired.

Now let's say for some reason I wasn't able to even get to splash at the 2-3pm time slot, and it's now 330. You will not be able to go back and change that FP you missed at all! It has expired. Your out of luck. Now if I would have switched it before it had expired, it wouldn't be a problem.

Hope that helps! I believe what the OP stated was a glitch that happened to him. He should have had no problem changing it! If this happens to u, seek out a cm for help!
So the first part of the statement I quoted from the T&C is refering to changing an experience set to another park. Thanks for helping me understand this!

Rob562

Also one other point to add to stevehousse's post is that you can't change a FP+ to an attraction you've already used a FP+ for. So in his example, after you've used the FP+ for Peter Pan, you can't then change the Splash FP+ to also be for Peter Pan.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom