Just Booked With Alamo

wee-haggis

Original Poster
I 've just made a reservation with Alamo using the QV code (best deal at the time I'm going) and I have a couple of questions for the experienced Alamo users.
1)I inputted all my profile information so that I may be able to save a bit of time at the check in. Is this the same (or similar) to Quicksilver (which according to the profile builder is not available at MCO).?
2)Is Quicksilver only for Corporate usage?
3)After checking in ,I go to choose my vehicle .In my case,do they have a large line up of minivans that I simply look over ,then step in and drive away showing my voucher?
4)They say Pontiac Montana or similar.
What could "similar" include? (are the vast majority of the vans Montana's)?
Thanks Again

Bagheera

1) No, it's not the same as QuickSilver. The info that you filled out saves you from answering a lot of questions when you get to the counter. QuickSilver lets you jump the line. (btw, I went to the side of the line, near the counter, and asked if they had a special QuickSilver line. The guy said, "Wait right there and I'll take you next, sir.") :king:

2) I believe that QuickSilver is only for companies. I signed up through my side business, even though I only travel for pleasure.

3) That's pretty much it. After you get in the minivan, you drive to the checkout line, where they validate your paperwork, then you're on your way.

4) It could be various other models. I believe that the last time we got a Grand Caravan.

wee-haggis

Original Poster
Re: Re: Just Booked With Alamo

Originally posted by Bagheera
1) No, it's not the same as QuickSilver. The info that you filled out saves you from answering a lot of questions when you get to the counter. QuickSilver lets you jump the line. (btw, I went to the side of the line, near the counter, and asked if they had a special QuickSilver line. The guy said, "Wait right there and I'll take you next, sir.") :king:

2) I believe that QuickSilver is only for companies. I signed up through my side business, even though I only travel for pleasure.

3) That's pretty much it. After you get in the minivan, you drive to the checkout line, where they validate your paperwork, then you're on your way.

4) It could be various other models. I believe that the last time we got a Grand Caravan.

Thanks Bagheera...you've been very helpful.
One more question.
I also signed up for Quicksilver and I've heard differing opinions as to whether the MCO Alamo has a Quicksilver line.
Are you saying that they do not have a separate counter .....but you managed to jump the queue ahead of others anyway?

wee-haggis

Original Poster
Sorry bagheera...one more thing.
the following paragraph is an excerpt from the Quicksilver confimation:

Your rental charges will be billed to the registered credit card used at the
time of rental to initiate the rental transaction. Look for your Quicksilver
member kit within 1-2 weeks. Remember, your corporate credit card is all you
need to use Quicksilver.

My wife has a small home business that I used to obtain this ,do they actually require a corporate card (I only have a regular one) ?

Bagheera

Re: Re: Re: Just Booked With Alamo

Originally posted by wee-haggis
Thanks Bagheera...you've been very helpful.
One more question.
I also signed up for Quicksilver and I've heard differing opinions as to whether the MCO Alamo has a Quicksilver line.
Are you saying that they do not have a separate counter .....but you managed to jump the queue ahead of others anyway?

Yep. Did it in February. Went to the side of the counter, in the gap between the counter and the cattle chute ... er ... line, and asked the guy at the counter if there was a QuickSilver line anyway. he said that he'd take me next. I'm guessing that they don't have a special QuickSilver line, but they'll take you if you bring it up.

Bagheera

Originally posted by wee-haggis
Sorry bagheera...one more thing.
the following paragraph is an excerpt from the Quicksilver confimation:

Your rental charges will be billed to the registered credit card used at the
time of rental to initiate the rental transaction. Look for your Quicksilver
member kit within 1-2 weeks. Remember, your corporate credit card is all you
need to use Quicksilver.

My wife has a small home business that I used to obtain this ,do they actually require a corporate card (I only have a regular one) ?

Never used a corporate card. They say "corporate credit card" to stress that QuickSilver is for corporate customers, but you can use whatever credit card you want. If they try to call me on it, I say that I don't have a corporate card, that all corporate charges go on my personal card and get reimbursed. No problem.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom