Just booked our Trip!! Must Do's?

YoungNY

We called and booked our trip yesterday!!!:sohappy: This will be the first "real" disney trip for me and my boyfriend and our first real vacation together. Most of my family lives in the central florida area so I usually stay with someone when I'm down there and while I've been to disney about 7 times in my life, I've only done day trips and one "educational" trip for my senior class trip in high school where we stayed at AS Sports for a few days. My boyfriend has only been to Magic Kingdom when he was a little boy.

I can't wait to spend a whole week at a disney hotel and everyday at a disney park! Well, all except one, cause I can't go to florida without visiting some family, but one day out of an entire week is do-able.

Anyway, we are staying at the carribean beach resort from november 7th to november 14th, we choose those dates cause I'm a huge Hanson fan and they are playing at epcot on the 8th and 9th. Besides hitting the 4 parks (we're not water park people), we planned on renting sea racyers and maybe using our mini golf coupon.

What advice do you more experianced disney fans have for us for activites and dining that are must do's and can't miss? Thanks!:wave:

MickeyTraveler

Definetly plan on spending as much time at the parks as you can. That way you get to see the whole culture of WDW. Mini-golf is awesome. We did it for the first time this year and a friend of ours said we'd curse his name by the 2nd holel :lol:. It was so fun and we'd do it again. If you play one day you get 50% admission the next day so go back and play the other course the next day. Use the fastpasses to your advantage and remember that if the fastpass says come back between 3-4pm, you can also use it after 4pm. A lot of things have changed since your boyfriend was there too so don't miss anything! It will be different going for a week vs. a day but you'll love it! :)

MickeyTraveler.

Upvote 0

si23

i just come back from carribean beach the sea racers are quite slow but fun they only do 7mph if u want something quicker the ones at the lakes near contempory and magic kingdom do 20 mph. A must do is defently haunted mansion and test track

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

i just come back from carribean beach the sea racers are quite slow but fun they only do 7mph if u want something quicker the ones at the lakes near contempory and magic kingdom do 20 mph. A must do is defently haunted mansion and test track

I agree---hubby and nephew did sea raycers at POR and said they were slow so they went to CR and did them there. My nephew got stopped by water police over there and said they were pretty fast.

A must do list for everyone is different but for us we must eat at Chef Mickey's and ride every ride in MK and see every show in MK. We also stay late at the parks and make sure we see each firework display. We also take a half day to relax by the pool and enjoy. We must also eat mickey ice cream bars, ice cream on Main Street while watching the parade, take a water boat ride from a park, got to DTD for a day and shop at WOD.

Have fun!!

Upvote 0

LiveyMouse22

If you do the SeaRaycers make sure you get them from a good location where you'll see a lot during your time riding. Deluxe Resorts or DTD are usually your best bet there. ALSO! Wear suntan lotion even if it doesn't look too sunny.. one year we did the SeaRaycers and I had a t-shirt on and got the WORST farmer's tan EVER! You're always in the sun on the Raycers so be prepared! You'll want to write down things you definitely want to do while there and probably figure out what park(s) you want to hit each day. If there are certain restaurants you don't want to miss make sure you make reservations beforehand so you are guaranteed a table at a preferred time. Most of all, have fun and make sure you let yourself get the full experience.. WDW is the best and I'm sure you and your boyfriend will have a great time! :wave:

Upvote 0

disneyphile

We did the Magic kingdom dessert party when we were there and it was the best time. It's about $20 per person and worth every penny. The park was packed, but we had a nice relaxing time and a great view of the fireworks.

Upvote 0
Everyone has there own favorite attraction, so I would pick what you like to do the few times you have been. But for dining I chose Chef Mickey, Le Cellier, San Angel Inn at Epcot and the Hollywood Brown Derby at DHS. They are a few of my favorite picks for Dining. I would chose soon so you can make ADR's.

Upvote 0

YoungNY

Original Poster
Thank you for the info on the sea raycers. I had no idea about the different speeds and things to see. I'll definately take that advice.

So far we have booked dining at the royal table celebrating our anniversary and my birthday, but I'm not sure if I want to dish out the extra $20 for a six inch cake. What do you think? Anyone got it before, is it worth it?

We got the fantasmic dining package with dining at the hollywood brown derby, not sure why my boyfriend picked it but, it sounds ok.

We also booked the aloha show, the coral reef restaurant and the flying fish because it was highly reccomended.

We were thinking about buying tickets to Mickey's Very Merry Chirstmas Party :xmas: which starts during our trip, but not sure if the parade and hot chocolate are worth the $60 a piece. Anyone been to the party before, is it worth it? Thanks again.:)

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

make reservations for dinners inside the park! my gf and I (also are our first trip together) didn't do this and we never had a chance to eat in some of the nicer places... my only regret of the trip

Upvote 0
You're eating at some swanky places! Don't get me wrong, they're all very nice. But as a 20-something couple (as my boyfriend and I are), eat at some fun places as well. Give the Sci Fi Diner a try, or the Prime Time 50's Cafe. We also LOVE the Grand Floridian Cafe and the Plaza (at MK).

If you're just more into the upscale dining, don't forget about the Portobello Yacht Club - so delicious! :)

My advice: We are hard-core park people when we go. In the past we've always gone from 8 AM to Midnight or later, and had a blast. But as we've gotten older, it's nice to once in a while take time for a drink by your hotel pool - and you've got a gorgeous beach as well. Make sure the two of you take time to wander through DTD and get lost in some shops - as well as of COURSE hitting all the rides you want to do multiple times. :) And drinking 'round the world at Epcot is a blast - not to get drunk, of course - but trying the wine at France and margaritas at Mexico and the Beer in Brittan and Germany. HAVE FUN!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom