Just booked for New Year's Eve. yay!!!

ShoreDopey

I am so excited me and my two friends just booked our New Year's Eve. WDW package!!! I am so excited! I need a little help from you guys though. We go to WDW every January and July, but we have never gone for New Year's Eve. Are there any recommendations or tips that anyone can give us on anything at all? We could use all the advice we can get from anyone who has visited WDW at this time. Also, last January when we went to WDW after New Year's Day they still had Christmas decorations up, and Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade was still going on. Since we will be there for the end of December will they still have holiday Wishes, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade, or any other types of Christmas fun? Thanks again for all your help! :sohappy:

disneypyro

My friends and I just booked our first New Year's Eve trip a week ago, too! I can't wait to see the fireworks at MK on the 30th and Epcot on the 31st. Four firework shows in two nights! :sohappy: Too bad it's over four months away. It's going to be a total blast!

Upvote 0

shimshim

I'll be down there for New Years this year as well, first time ever. :) The last two out of three times I've been down there was always around Thanksgiving, so this will be a real different change for me. We always left when everything was just going up. Plus I always end up working New Years Eve..so anything is better then being at a hospital with drunks! (Even the horrible long lines I know we will be a part of when we get there.)

I know the Christmas Parade will still be going on, till the 31st I think. I thought there was New Year's Eve fireworks over at MGM this year though? That is what I was told anyway, could have changed, but I should probably check on that because if that isn't the case, I don't know if we want to hang out at MGM all night then. ;)

Upvote 0

sarajo

Pretty much all the parks do a big fireworks presentation on New Years Eve (don't think DAK does because it usually closes early) Plan on getting to a park early in the day (if you're not a resort guest) because the parks tend to get very crowded at an early time in the day and they will close the parks to non-resort guests. If you need ADR's for that day/night, I would get them NOW if you haven't done so already. I know Brown Derby is always busy on New Years Eve.

You'll enjoy all the CHristmas decorations and all. And don't forget to go see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights. It's pretty cool! (and runs until the 1st weekend in January.)

We'll be there too... and yes, can't believe we still have to wait four more months! Can't wait! :xmas:

Upvote 0

shimshim

If you need ADR's for that day/night, I would get them NOW if you haven't done so already. I know Brown Derby is always busy on New Years Eve.

It's funny you say that because that is our big meal of the day on New Year's Eve - we are eating at the Brown Derby at 4pm. I told her I wanted a dinner and at the moment, that is all she said she could give me. But that's fine..late lunch/early dinner..walk it all off after!

Also for anyone who has been before, which park does the best with their New Year's Eve fireworks and which park is probably the least crowded..if I dare ask that silly question since I know probably all parks will be insane.

Upvote 0

maleficent_man

I think the 3 that will be open will be busy, busy, busy.

I imagine MK will be the most crowded, then Epcot followed by MGM....I'm just guessing though.

I plan to do MGM on 30 Dec as they have their celebrations on then, and then do Epcot on 31 Dec (already have my Le Cellier ressie made!). I am giving MK a miss as from what I can gather the only difference for NYE is that there is an extended version of Wishes (which I don't know if this will be the same as the one on for MVMCP).

Can't wait....:xmas:

Upvote 0

Prof Ecks

Although the crowds were huge (especially with two small kids), we still had a great time on New Year's Eve. We did the Fantasmic dinner package at the Brown Derby which turned out great....the Mayor was there and was quite toasty by the time we showed up for a late lunch. He was hilarious at our table and we got some great pictures. Then Fantasmic, a little relaxation at the Boardwalk which was fun and then on to Epcot, where we drank champagne in France and watched the fireworks. The Fireworks of course were amazing....I don't remember any better display....even Philadelphia in 1976 when I was a kid (which were cool). Eye searing was the only way we could describe them.

This year though we are going to go back to our usual itinerary the week after January 1. We were glad we did it and if you have not done you gotta, but the week after the new year is perfect for visiting the parks.

Upvote 0

wild01ride

Last year I just realized an apparent "secret" of getting the most out of New Years at WDW:

Being that Epcot is pretty much my favorite park and the fact that it has a huge variety of cultural ambiance (not to mention good beers), I like to spend the evening of the 31st at Epcot.

That being said, Magic Kingdom has the same New Years Eve festivities on both the 31st and the 30th. So what we did was visit Magic Kingdom on the 30th to enjoy the entertainment (both days have: Spectro @ 9:00, Wishes @ 10:00, Spectro again at 11:00 and Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks @ midnight including a New Years countdown on the 30th).

Doing this, it's kind of like enjoying New Years twice in one year (back to back!).

One other amazing thing that happens is that EMH occur on top of the parks being open until 12:00 or 1:00. For example, last year MGM was open until 1:00 with EMH until 4:00a.m.!! Tell me that's not just insane!

Needless to say, I like to have fun, but I certainly can't stay up those kind of hours any more!

No matter what you do and where you go, you WILL have a great time. All parks have special events, stages set up, special entertainment everywhere, etc., etc.

Definitely plan on long lines everywhere. You could wait a LONG time just to enter the parks.

Have fun, and maybe I'll see you there!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom