Just Booked for Dec 2013

bsiev1977

Just booked my solo trip. Funny coincidence, the deadline for full payment of my trip cost falls on October 23, my birthday. Guess I won't forget for sure!

Now, what do I do to pass the time for a full year??? Or at least until ADR time someday in June???

Darn it, I hate waiting.......

I feel the same exact way... However, I don't have to wait as long, I am going in August 2013... What I am planning on doing is PLAN PLAN &PLAN!! I thought I was a pretty big Disney buff before I booked the reservation, but I have learned more in the last two days than I have in a while about Disney. I recommmend some guide books, I use Birnbaums guide to WDW... I am still trying to figure out the restaurants, but there is soo much to plan... and I am a just get up and do it person, I just need something to do for a while... Half the fun of Disney is planning, and the wait, just makes you appreciate the vacation so much more.. Have fun when you do go, though...

Upvote 0

Semantje

I have the same problem! I booked my vacation in May this year and we are going in September. I think it's a very long wait but now i think that there are 7 months gone already it isn't so hard. I have made a list for all the things we need to do before departing. From passports to payments, everything is listed. Also i made an restaurant wishlist with all the options i would consider as dinner/lunch/breakfast. Its fun to do research and to read all the restaurant reviews. Now i'm actually waiting until i can make my adr's so the planning can continue!

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Original Poster
I opted for the dining plan, so I will be putting time into deciding what/where I want to eat each day.

I always like to eat at the Tutto Italia in EPCOT, and I'd definitely like to try Be Our Guest.

I would imagine being new, even a year after opening by the time I get there, will make BOG a tough get.

I'm hoping being a party of one will make getting rezzes a little easier.

Upvote 0

Mot

I don't think I could wait an entire year after booking a trip. I surprised my family with a trip as a Christmas present last year and by Dec. 26 th they had priority seating set and most of the days planned. I surprised them again, with a trip for this Dec. and in less than a day they had all the priority seating arranged. Most of the days activities were set by noon the next day. Now we wait. Oh, then the airline changed flight times a few times and we had to check that out and then we wait. Luckily we depart on the 17th. Finally

Upvote 0

Mot

I opted for the dining plan, so I will be putting time into deciding what/where I want to eat each day.

I always like to eat at the Tutto Italia in EPCOT, and I'd definitely like to try Be Our Guest.

I would imagine being new, even a year after opening by the time I get there, will make BOG a tough get.

I'm hoping being a party of one will make getting rezzes a little easier.

P.S.
We booked BOG for late Feb. because Dec.2012 had no availability, so start now for priority seating.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Original Poster
P.S.
We booked BOG for late Feb. because Dec.2012 had no availability, so start now for priority seating.

I thought I couldn't make rezzes this far out for Dec 2013. Thought it had to be within 180 days, which for me would be in June 2013. Or maybe i'm just misunderstanding what you meant. Either way, I appreciate the comments and advice.

Upvote 0

bsiev1977

Original Poster
I don't think I could wait an entire year after booking a trip. I surprised my family with a trip as a Christmas present last year and by Dec. 26 th they had priority seating set and most of the days planned. I surprised them again, with a trip for this Dec. and in less than a day they had all the priority seating arranged. Most of the days activities were set by noon the next day. Now we wait. Oh, then the airline changed flight times a few times and we had to check that out and then we wait. Luckily we depart on the 17th. Finally

Believe me, waiting for a full year doesn't appeal to me either. I really wanted to go during the holiday season, on a low crowd week, and a couple websites that do crowd calendars said the week starting December 7 in 2013 is one of the best weeks as far as crowd and costs go. Doing it this year at the last minute wasn't feasible for me. So, it's a long, long, long, long, long wait for me.:(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom