Jungle Skipper's Super Happy Fun Time Thread

Jungle Skipper

Original Poster
Welcome to my Super Happy Fun Time Thread...the direct opponent to the Pet Peeves thread which went way sounth around say page 5 or 6...yikes...

So here..lets make this thread stick around a while....Talk about your Favorite WDW moment...what you enjoy doing the most when your there..the thing you most look forward to doing when you get there....Things you like to do for memebers of your family to help make the magic more magical...Good Cast Members..ALL NEGATIVITY IS BANNED FROM THIS THREAD!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

So...yeah I guess I will start it off...I like to play with my little cousins at WDW its the best thing it the whole world. They call me Uncle Joshie and think I'm some kind of Disney Hero or something. I taught them all how to use my camera and they love running aruond taking pictures of people around the park...

Tons mroe to come I hope.

Talk amongst yourselves!

Jungle Josh

disneygirl03

I like screaming on the rides even though they are not scary.

Hmm, what else? OK, this happened a few years ago on one of our trips and it just made me so happy that I was back in Disney World. We got to the Polynesian, checked in and went swimming right away. Then my parents went and got lunch from Captain Cook's and we all ate outside at one of the tables by the pool. It was great, knowing I was in Disney World again!!

I also love when we are driving to the resort and we pass the big sign. Then we always guess which color monorail we'll see first!

I'm sure I have tons more, but that's all for now! :)

Ok, it's someone else's turn!!

Jungle Skipper

Original Poster
I love guessing monorail colors! so do the little ones...they get a kick out of me always missing....i keep telling them monorail plaid is just a rare monorail....its not my fault theyve never seen it! :lol:

Great post..keep them coming!

Jungle Josh

disneygirl03

Here's another...
On our last visit, we were there in December. Since it was a busy time, parks opened an hour earlier than usual, and they had the extra magic hour (early entry), so some mornings we'd wake up at 5:30 in the morning to get to the Magic Kingdom for 7:00 opening. It was still be dark when we were waiting for the bus to come! My family is a bunch of early birds...

And yet another...
when the gates to the parks finally open and everybody is rushing to the "big" attractions. I love walking down Main Street right as the park opens (and yes, my family WALKS!! :lol: )- the music playing, rushing to Space Mountain...it's great.

Oh- and looking in the stores for the first time and seeing all of the souvenirs and saying how I want everything in sight.

OK, I'm done for now. Atleast I think I am...

cherrynegra

I love how goofy I get when I'm in the World. I get all giddy and totally high......naturally of course.....and just the really good vibes I get from everyone there. It's amazing how fast you regress to a child when you see characters walking the parks.:lol:

Raven66

I love the look on my daughter's face when she sees a character she likes. :) And when you are driving up towards the sign that says Magic Kingdom, you see all those lanes and your heart starts thumping and you get butterflies in your stomach you are so excited.:D

I can't wait!!!:wave:

swimmom

We love it when we can take advantage of an e-ride night. We aren't morning people, so staying in the MK until 1:00 a.m. is great for us!

I also like how we are all in a good mood at WDW. We have a general idea of what each one of us wants to see most and the rest of the fun just falls into place.:D

I also love not having to drive for our entire visit. I guess I don't ever care how long the wait or ride is because I have a week off from being the mom taxi.:sohappy:

John Baynes

Hello to everyone, I have been reading these posts for a while and thought that I would say something on this one, hope that is all right. Since this is my first post please excuse any mistakes. My favorite time at WDW is when my wife and I arrive. We love to see the sign as we drive in. My wife says that I am like a little kid and she calls me the "oldest mouseketeer". Just being at WDW makes me feel good all over.:lol: :D

lborne

I love when we can go to the parks but we are not rushing, cause we've already been so many times and done all the rides. Then we can take time to see the things you normally pass up - like the talking water fountains, or the relaxing walk from Space Mountain to Mickeys Toontown Fair behind the Indy Speedway.

I also love just hanging out during the day by the resort pool and watching the kids having fun on the slides. Then going to the parks later that evening.

How about when you've spent the entire day doing the parks with the kids, and then you can get a sitter when they are asleep and go out to have a nice dinner at Bistro de Paris, California Grill, etc.

SBW

My favorite WDW memory is from my DW first trip to the MK. We were some of the first people in that day. The music, the smells, the sights. Her face was a glow, her eyes wide, she actually had goose bumps! She was floating towards Main Street.

Then she tripped over the curb. I reached down to give her a hand up and ask if she was ok, she looked up at me with a big smile on her face and said "I love this place".

We still laugh about her telaportation back to childhood.

BeachClubVillas

My two all time favorite WDW moments came on the same day at Blizzard Beach. My mother usually just stakes out a lounge chair and waits for the rest of us to finish the rides, but this year, we convinced her to ride the family raft ride with us. We even rode the ski-lift to the top even though my dad, brother and I hate it!! So we wait in line and the four of us climb into the raft, and we were off. Well, when I tell you my mother screamed, you have NO idea! It sounded like she was being murdered. Luckily, I had brought one of those waterproof disposable cameras with me, so I was able to capture her face and my dad and brother laughing at her. We got to the bottom and my brother said, "OK, we have to do that again, because I have no idea what that ride was like because I was too busy laughing at mom!"

Later that day, my brother and were planning to do Summit Plummit. We left our parents at the bottom and climbed the stairs. Once up there, though, we chickened out. :eek: So we did the speed slide where you race with eight other people on the mats. At the bottom, we got lost and couldn't figure out how to get back to the bottom of Summit Plummit where our parents were. We finally got there, and just my mom was there. She grabbed us and yelled, "Oh my God, I thought you got on the wrong slide and drowned!!" Just then my dad came running over with two Disney security guys. He made them come because he INSISTED my brother and I had been kidnapped off of Summit Plummit. :hammer:

My parents are total nuts. At the time, we were 18 and 16, and my brother is 6'6" and 250lbs. No one would mess with him!!!
It was hilarious though.

TheDisneyGirl02

I love the drive in on I-4 seeing all of the signs for WDW! That's the best part for me...and knowing I'm back 'home' is great too.

I feel like a child and even though I worked there, I never lost the magic.

TheDisneyGirl02

meanmice

So in August I took my them boyfriend to WDW for his first trip and we went on the Jungle Cruise (i just can't seem to call it the great JC) anyway, we went twice and the first time we had this skipper named Chris and he was so funny and the second time we went he was on a break so when we got off of the boat we saw him and I took a pic of him and my bf. He looks really freaked out.

The other great story was two weeks ago when I took my 12yo cousin to MK, just the two of us and we were there from like 9 to 12, it was really cool

sniggle74

hmmm...Favorite Disney moment. There's so MANY! But the one that I love to re-live over and over again is having a character breakfast at O'Hana. There's nothing more enjoyable than having a hearty breakfast with Mickey and Friends. And did I forget to mention the Mickey Juice!!!:slurp:

stitch131313

My favorite Disney moment would be when I was watching one of the last performences of the Main Street Electrical Parade and this little girl(about 5 or 6) asked if she could step infront of me so she could see better. As the parade passed I watched this little girl it reminded me of the fist time I saw the parade and it brought back so many happy memories for me. I will always remember that.:)

MouseMadness

Originally posted by John Baynes
Hello to everyone, I have been reading these posts for a while and thought that I would say something on this one, hope that is all right. Since this is my first post please excuse any mistakes. My favorite time at WDW is when my wife and I arrive. We love to see the sign as we drive in. My wife says that I am like a little kid and she calls me the "oldest mouseketeer". Just being at WDW makes me feel good all over.:lol: :D

Welcome, John. :wave:

First I'd like to apologize for letting the "threads which shall not be named" suck me in. :eek:

Hmmm, ok... I guess, a great memory from our last trip was when my in law's got us limo's from the airport to our resort, and the kids were just so ecstatic! Mints and drinks IN THE CAR! And they were encouraged to partake of their delicious goodness! :eek: Then they see the signs, and omgosh, the realization as it sinks in with them, it's so funny to see their whole demeanor change just in their eyes. I'll be back with more, I'm sure. I've got a Disney itch that won't be scratched 'til October, LOL! I need some way to get my fix on. :lol:

One of my favorite times was when we were camping in Fort Wilderness with the Cub Scouts. We went and did the Very Merry Christmas, with all of the kids in full uniform. All of the CM's made sure they went out of their way to wave, smile, and talk to the scouts. We stayed as long as we could and my wife, son and I went on BTMR, 3 times in a row. As we were leaving, a security guard came up to us and asked if my son wanted a free bag of cotton candy. There were many many other things that happend that night that were fantasic......

Blue.

Smee

There are so many but some of my favs are:

Being the last one out of the park. Stay until the very end of e-ride night and walk down main street at night when it is almost completely empty, its magical.

I still remember the first time I walked into the Wilderness Lodge lobby, I was amazed and still get the feeling on all our return trips.

Walking out to the end of the Poly boat dock late at night and just looking out over the lagoon towards MK, with a snifter of Sambuuca in my hand.

I just love the feel of the place, sometime it is best experienced at the quietest times and places.

sniggle74

Something else I forgot....the first time I walked into the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I could not believe it! I was so overwhelmed. I fell in love with the place. I can't wait to get back.....23 days and counting!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom