Jungle Journeys: Villains Revenge- New Coaster Idea

CaesarBoxFan

Original Poster
Amazing Adventures of Doom: formerly Jungle Journeys: Villains' Revenge

Hi all.

Here's my idea for a new indoor coaster called "Jungle Journeys: Villains Revenge".

The entrance sign has the same effect as ToT's, with the Hollywood Tower Hotel sign darkening to become the Twilight Zone. Instead, this will have the Jungle Journeys Inc. logo, then fading to Villains Revenge.

The Queue:

The queue is a futuristic tube with a sign on top saying "Jungle Journeys Inc.", the fictitious company that the ride takes place in. Anyway, the line slopes downward in a zigzag pattern going underground. At one point in the queue, you pass by a door that's slightly ajar. You can overhear voices coming from it with the villains saying things like "Do you think that the plan's gonna work?" or "Mickey is surely going to fall for this". The CM's guiding you are dressed up as futuristic safari guides, but they all have certain "flaws". One has a cobra staff with glowing red eyes, symbolizing Jafar. One has dyed blue hair, symbolizing Hades, etc. (Can't think of any more).

Sorry, can't post more.

Please comment.

CBF

stitch001

sounds intresting. but one question why futuristic? But the detal of how each guide has a link to a villan is amazingly awesome, cause only a few people would pick up on it, and that is so cool. One other question, is the idea like your going on the normal jungle cruise and something gose wrong?

CaesarBoxFan

Original Poster
I don't know why I was thinking futuristic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

The Ride

OK, here's the good part.

You are loaded into a two seater car with overhead restraints. The car moves into an elevator shaft, and the monitor, previously showing the logo for the company, plays a safety video with Safari Guide Jim, aka Jafar. The doors open up to reveal a vast jungle. This is done using projectors and screens along the track. You go out of the shaft, cruising along a green track. On your monitor, Safari Guide Hal, aka Hades, points out giraffes and lions, etc. in the distance.

Then all of a sudden, you see a catapult magically appear out of nowhere, replacing a section of track. Safari Guide Hal is seen glowing blue with excitement. The car turns toward the direction the catapult is facing. You are loaded into the catapult. As the it rears back to fire you into the air, (in reality, you are being brought backwards over the lift hill), Sorcerer Mickey, on the monitor, tells you that he found out about the Villains plan to use the guests as bait to coerce him into their trap, he says that he's going to get a couple friends to help you get to safety. Then, you hear a knife cutting through the rope. The rope finally snaps and you are hurtled into the air!

Cliffhanger ending, sorry guys.:D

CBF

Dr.Seeker

I was thinking, if Jafar had set up a tour it could start with a desertscape about cacti, snakes camels e.t.c. So there's a variety of different shows

stitch001

okay the thought of beeing shot out of a catapult its really awesmome. so is the ride system like that of spiderman's whith the projecton 3-d tech and the moving car? cause Im getting that vibe. I could be wrong. but you got an awesome ride going for you

CaesarBoxFan

Original Poster
Yes, it is similar to spiderman, but more of a rollercoaster. You'll see in the next update later today.

That's a good idea, Dr. Seeker. Making it a different terrain for the different guides.

The ride name would have to change though.

Thanks for the compliments.

CBF

CaesarBoxFan

Original Poster
As promised, here's the next update.

We last left the villains' plot as we were shot out of a catapult and flying through midair.

The Ride, cont.

As you are falling downward, you see Tarzan coming at you on a swinging vine. Tarzan "catches" you and the car banks to the right. You then zigzag along the track (Primeval Whirl style), simulating zigzags through trees. Tarzan eventually takes you to a desert area where the Magic Carpet, from Aladdin, is waiting for you. A mini hill simulates the transfer from Tarzan to Magic Carpet. As the carpet travels, the car goes into a set of camelbacks, simulating the undulation of the carpet. The carpet takes you to jolly old England, where the carpet meets up with Peter Pan. Yet another mini hill simulates the transfer from Carpet to Peter. This is followed by some banks and the finale is a corkscrew. Peter suddenly drops you and you are plummeted into darkness, but wait, there's a light at the end of the tunnel. At the end of the tunnel, you see Sorcerer Mickey and he tells you that all is well and the villains have been defeated. There is a burst of fireworks, and you go forward into the load/unload station.

Well, there you all have it.

I will try working on some concept art soon.

Please keep your comments and questions coming, they are greatly appreciated.

CBF

Dr.Seeker

I like your ideas, but I think it would be more effective as an experience if there were fewer transfers. Guests may get confused, so how about have a different hero for each ride scenario. With, say 5 different ride scenarios you'd have:

5 different villains
5 different fake tours
5 different traps (perhaps)
5 different heroes saving the guests.

What do you think?

CaesarBoxFan

Original Poster
I think that's a good idea.

I was thinking about which heroes would fit in with the section of coaster.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it would be pretty confusing with all the transfers.

CaesarBoxFan

Original Poster
OK, I've been thinking about your suggestions, Dr. Seeker.

About the 5 different shows, I figured that the queue would be split into five separate lines based on the setting.

The five lines would be:

Treetop Trek- Tarzan based (Tarzan vs. Clayton)

Desert Disaster- Aladdin based (Aladdin vs. Jafar)

Fiery Frenzy (trip through the Underworld)- Hercules based (Hercules vs. Hades)

Deep Sea Catastrophe- The Little Mermaid based (Ariel vs. Ursula)

Neverland Nonsense- Peter Pan based (Peter vs. Hook)

About your location question, I was thinking it would fit into Adventureland.

jedimaster1227

CaesarBoxFan said:
I don't know why I was thinking futuristic.

Update:

The Ride

OK, here's the good part.

You are loaded into a two seater car with overhead restraints. The car moves into an elevator shaft, and the monitor, previously showing the logo for the company, plays a safety video with Safari Guide Jim, aka Jafar. The doors open up to reveal a vast jungle. This is done using projectors and screens along the track. You go out of the shaft, cruising along a green track. On your monitor, Safari Guide Hal, aka Hades, points out giraffes and lions, etc. in the distance.

Then all of a sudden, you see a catapult magically appear out of nowhere, replacing a section of track. Safari Guide Hal is seen glowing blue with excitement. The car turns toward the direction the catapult is facing. You are loaded into the catapult. As the it rears back to fire you into the air, (in reality, you are being brought backwards over the lift hill), Sorcerer Mickey, on the monitor, tells you that he found out about the Villains plan to use the guests as bait to coerce him into their trap, he says that he's going to get a couple friends to help you get to safety. Then, you hear a knife cutting through the rope. The rope finally snaps and you are hurtled into the air!

Cliffhanger ending, sorry guys.:D

CBF

Does anyone else thing the Futuristic Safari idea sounds like A Sound of Thuder to them?

CaesarBoxFan

Original Poster
hmm. It does seem "A Sound of Thunder"-ish now that you bring that up.

There will be different storylines, so it will be totally different.

CaesarBoxFan

Original Poster
OK. I'm back with a bang. The new title is Amazing Adventures (Of Doom). The "of Doom" going with the sign changing effect that "Villains' Revenge" had.

I have some concept art, but I have no clue on how to post it.

EDIT: Figured it out. Here it is
EDIT2: For some reason it worked on the test forum, but not here. Here's the link to the forum.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=1379793#post1379793

Well, Happy Holidays from CBF.:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom